Travelocity Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelPersonal valet parking service one block from Union Square
Popular property highlights
A stay at JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square places you in the heart of San Francisco, within a 15-minute walk of Westfield San Francisco Centre and San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
This 4-star hotel is 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from Lombard Street and 2 mi (3.2 km) from Pier 39.
Stay in one of 344 guestrooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with premium bedding. Cable programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Partially open bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as a fitness center or take in the view from a terrace. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Enjoy Californian cuisine at Level III Restaurant, a restaurant which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 6 AM to 11 AM for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms.
JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square features a small, but well-equipped, fitness center (complimentary) with stair machines, treadmills, bikes, and weights; complimentary wireless Internet access in public spaces of the hotel; and a business center that offers computers with high-speed Internet access, printer, fax, and copiers (surcharge). There's a multilingual staff available to assist. The hotel also offers a car charging station.
The hotel features 13 meeting and conference rooms that total 4352 square meters (46,844 square feet) of space.
- Express check-in
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Electric car charging station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 14
- Year Built 1987
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 4352
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Total number of rooms - 344
- Number of floors - 21
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Soundproofed rooms
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: ,
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting area
- Soundproofed rooms
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Number of bathrooms -
- Partially open bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Pillow menu
- Free cribs/infant beds
- In-room climate control (heating)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Level III Restaurant - Located on lobby level. Serving contemporary California cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Level III Bar - Adjacent to restaurant. Signature cocktails and wine list with focus on Northern California wineries.
Room service is available from 6 AM until 11 PM.
Start your morning with a buffet breakfast, available each day from 6 AM to 11 AM for a surcharge. You can order a meal from room service during limited hours.
Nearby Things to Do
JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square offers a 24-hour fitness center with treadmills, stair machines, cross-trainers, stationary bikes, and free weights.
The hotel is a half-mile from the Yerba Buena Gardens, which include a historic carousel, bowling alley, ice-skating rink, and children's play area. Nearby 18-hole golf courses include the Presidio Golf Club and the Lincoln Park Golf Course, both within five miles of the hotel. Golden Gate Park, also five miles away, offers walking and running trails, a children's playground, gardens, and tennis courts.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per accommodation, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 75.00 per stay
- Up to 25 lb
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 21 and USD 31 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 17.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 66 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 75.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 75 per accommodation, per stay
- JW Marriott Hotel San Francisco Union Square
- JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
- Jw Marriott San Francisco Union Square Hotel San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco
- Pan Pacific Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Jw Marriott
- JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square Hotel
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.