Paramount Paris Attractions
Nearly everyone can name at least one of Paris’ world-famous attractions. You are sure to find your schedule filled with activities both well-known and hidden, but there are a few experiences that you simply must have on vacations in Paris.
- Eiffel Tower: Yes, this is at the top of the list for most travelers, and it is easy to see why. Whether you choose to make the journey to the top or simply spend an afternoon lounging in the park, the “Tour Eiffel” alone is enough to make you want to stay here forever. And if you think it is impressive by day, just wait until the nightly light show begins.
- The Louvre: This is where you can lay your own eyes on one of the art world’s most memorable pairs of eyes—the Mona Lisa. But your tour does not end there. Home to plenty more noted artworks, from the Venus de Milo to Delacroix’s “Liberty Leading the People,” the Louvre seems to never end…nor will you desire it to.
Festivals and Events
You might ask yourself, “How could Paris possibly get any better?” We do have one suggestion. Those who plan Paris vacations around the numerous annual festivals add that little dash of something extra to their trip. Spring visitors may hear the revelry of the Villette Festival wafting through the streets in May, while summer is filled with music and celebration, from the Jazz Festival to Bastille Day. Winter has many festivities as well, especially Carnaval de Paris in February. And of course, Paris Fashion Week, which takes place in January, is one of the city’s most fantastic events.
Hotels in Paris
Like the smile of the Mona Lisa or the “je ne sais quoi” that makes French food so delicious, hotels here can be mysterious. There are many, and all seem to offer a location that is front and center to various attractions. We can help you find that perfect accommodation to add to Paris package deals.
- Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel: What’s that out your window? Here you could have views of this well-known landmark from your room. Even if you don’t indulge in that extra perk, you will always have complimentary Wi-Fi, free bottled water, and an excellent concierge service.
- Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel is right at the foot of its namesake, and has the close-up views to match. Not only can you enjoy the sights from your private balcony if you so select, but the restaurant patio has the tower as its backdrop. Quelle surprise!
- L'Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe is the epitome of five-star extravagance. You may be satisfied with the elegant décor, on-site spa, and fine dining, but outside the hotel is just as spectacular—you are a short stroll from the Arc de Triomphe and the upscale shops of Avenue des Champs-Elysées. And a cheap vacation in Paris from Travelocity means you can splurge.
- Citadines Apart'hotel Saint-Germain-des-Prés Paris awaits with apartment-style living that will make you feel right at home. But with proximity to Notre Dame Cathedral and the bohemian atmosphere of the Quartier Latin, you will also surely never forget that you are in Paris.
In fact, long after you have left this beautiful city, it will always remain not only in your memories, but in your very heart. Travelocity can help you make the most of this unique and peerless destination with our vacation packages in Paris, which allow you to take care of your hotel and airfare at once. Then, you have plenty of time left to dream of fresh, crunchy baguettes and the way your soul will sing when you finally see that acclaimed piece of art up close. Paris, je t’aime.
Accommodation in Paris
Travelocity's extensive database features as many as 2197 Paris hotels, making planning your trip to France's capital a breeze.
You might start by investigating the style and sophistication of the Mandarin Oriental, Paris and the Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris. If those aren't right for your present needs, maybe you'll prefer the Shangri-La Hotel Paris, at 10 Avenue d'Iena, or the Hôtel Barrière Le Fouquet's, located at 46 Avenue George V.