Get an overview of this hotel4-star hotel with Iron Chef dining near Waikiki
Popular property highlights
With a stay at The Modern Honolulu in Honolulu (Waikiki), you'll be convenient to Hawaii Convention Center and University of Hawaii at Manoa.
This 4.5-star hotel is close to Aloha Tower and Diamond Head.
Make yourself at home in one of the 353 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and iPod docking stations. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while 46-inch LCD televisions with cable programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers body treatments and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, a nightclub, and a fitness center. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 2 poolside bars.
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
The Modern Honolulu
In addition to a full-service spa, The Modern Honolulu features 2 outdoor pools and 2 poolside bars. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. This 4.5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center and 8 meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and high-speed wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. This luxury hotel also offers a nightclub, a rooftop terrace, and spa services. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge, as well as an airport shuttle service.
The Modern Honolulu is a smoke-free property.
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Rooftop terrace
- Fitness facilities
- Number of poolside bars - 2
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 8
- Year Built 1964
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference center
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 353
- Number of floors - 18
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Free bottled water
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- iPod docking station
- In-room massage available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free newspaper
- Room service (24 hours)
- Down comforter
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
Where to Eat
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 10 AM.
Passageways - Overlooking the Sunrise Pool, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare.
The Grove - Overlooking the Sunrise Pool, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
24-hour room service is available.
RavishA "Pacific Inspired, Soul Infused" Restaurant Experience. The menu features farm-to-table inspired offerings of straightforward inspirational dishes that celebrate coastal cuisine from all pacific cultures. The menu focuses on tapas or small plates and a rotating selection of dinner sized entrée plates. Open for dinner nightly from 5pm-10pm.
Start your morning with a cooked-to-order breakfast, available each day from 7 AM to 10 AM for a surcharge. You can order a meal from 24-hour room service.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include 2 outdoor pools and fitness facilities.
The activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
Guests can pamper themselves with a trip to the onsite spa, which has 2 treatment rooms. Services include facials, body wraps, body scrubs, and body treatments. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy.
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 16 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 75.0 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet (varies based on length of stay), plus a USD 250.00 deposit
- 1 per room (up to 25 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 45 for adults, USD 10 and USD 25 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD TBA per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: USD TBA (roundtrip)
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 250.00
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 75.0 per night
- Honolulu Modern
- Modern Honolulu
- Modern Hotel
- Modern Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 2 children 16 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.