New York City has received some of the most touching love letters in modern history, from Billie Holiday’s ballads to E.B. White’s essays. After a visit to the bustling boroughs and local hideaways of NYC, you’ll understand why travelers and locals alike shower this city with affection like autumn leaves falling in Washington Square Park. You may pen your own note of adoration...even if you write it in the form of coffee rings on a newspaper near Bryant Park or red lipstick on a glass in a Brooklyn pub. Get ready to taste, touch, and explore the world, one neighborhood at a time—from Puerto Rican tostones in Bushwick, Brooklyn, to the festive streets of Little Italy in Manhattan. There is no end to the fabulous places to stay in New York City.
Where to Stay in New York
Whether you’re on the lookout for a whimsical view of the iconic skyline or you crave the nonstop energy of a city that never sleeps, the best hotels in NYC complement your journey with exquisite amenities and convenient locations. Consider these traveler favorites as you plan your grand getaway:
- New York Hilton Midtown or DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan - New York City: When you think of NYC, does an inner orchestra strike up a medley of show tunes as you stand in the middle of the glowing lights of Times Square? Then plan your stay around Midtown, Manhattan. The neighborhood is an embarrassment of cultural riches—the Museum of Modern Art, Times Square, and world-renowned theaters. Treat yourself to an in-suite spa treatment and room service with a covet-worthy view after a long day at either of these accommodations at the end of the day.
- Hudson New York, Central Park: If sidewalk chalk murals and poems scribbled on paper doilies are your idea of high art, then explore the Upper West Side and stay at Hudson New York, Central Park. Wake up to a park view and sunbathe in Sheep Meadow or rub elbows with the next generation of best-sellers scratching away on their novels in the Hungarian Pastry Shop.
Best Neighborhoods for Luxury Hotels
Just like the neighborhoods in which you find them, New York City hotels are never lacking in character and sophistication. Lap up the luxury like a fine tomato bisque in these neighborhoods, where you’ll be surrounded with opulence, inside and outside your accommodation:
- The Upper East Side: It may not be sprinkled with iconic landmarks, but this neighborhood is synonymous with refinement. Escape from the excitement of the city to warmly lit art galleries and relax in a gorgeous, uniquely decorated room at The Mark.
- Brooklyn: Across the East River, we can’t forget the borough that constantly combines avant-garde artistry with historic chic. Williamsburg, in particular, has become one of the most coveted places to rent a room in New York City.
- Midtown East: Sitting pretty alongside the glitz of Broadway and Times Square, Midtown East will inspire your nostalgia with the stained glass of St. Patrick’s Cathedral and the art deco details of The Roosevelt Hotel, New York City. Join a game of billiards with fellow travelers or sidle up to the vintage bar for a gin and tonic.
Experiences You Cannot Be Denied
- The Strand: Embarking on a literary pilgrimage? Tuck into your dog-eared copy of “Howl” at a corner cafe in Greenwich Village and wander aimlessly through this bookstore. Speaking of books, book cheap hotels in New York with Travelocity and continue the quest.
- Hell’s Kitchen: Broadway stars aren’t the only ones lighting up NYC. There are a few Michelin stars to be found in the restaurants that fill New York with flavor. Stay in the neighborhood of Hell’s Kitchen and be dazzled by award-winning dishes.
- Empire State Building: In New York, everyone’s a romantic. Whether you’re planning a rendezvous or a moment of reflection, the observation deck atop the Empire State Building has witnessed many of both. Make your way to the top, and book a hotel room with a balcony to prolong the otherworldly view.
Our list of hotels in New York is sure to have a location and level of luxury that strikes your fancy at a price that leaves room for taking several bites out of the Big Apple. Don’t forget to bring your stationary and an open heart—you just might fall in love.