When you combine art deco buildings painted in pastel colors, blinding white sand beaches, turquoise ocean water, and glamor upon glamor, you get the city of Miami. A place where mornings are spent sipping Cuban espressos at cafes and afternoons with mojitos in the sand. A place where the sun kisses your skin and the warm Atlantic waters wash away your every worry. Open your heart, book one of our Miami hotels, and sink into the leisure life.
Best Places to Stay in Miami Beach
The white-suited author Tom Wolfe once said, “Miami is a melting pot in which none of the stones melt. They rattle around.” You can temporarily become one of those stones, rattling around the “Magic City,” exploring every little nook and cranny. And when you’re deciding on where to stay in Miami after a long day, here are a few of our recommendations:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach: Waking up with the sun in your room at the historic Fontainebleau, you walk out onto your balcony and admire the sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean in front of you. After your breakfast is delivered via room service, you venture down to the pool for morning laps. But if the pool doesn’t do it for you, the beach is only a few steps away.
- Eden Roc Resort Miami Beach: The soothing sounds of breaking waves and the sight of the sun dancing off the water’s surface are like a siren song. You can’t help but be seduced by it. The sights and sounds of the ocean are just one reason why you booked a room here. But this place takes it one step further: With its own marina, you can reserve a spot sipping wine on a private yacht cruise before taking a dip in one of their four pools. Now that’s living in the lap of luxury…
Top Amenities at Miami Hotels
Let’s be honest, you didn’t come on this South Florida extravaganza to get treated like a peasant. You came to be pampered and treated like a member of the royal family. So maybe there aren’t personal servants at the hotels in Miami waving palm fronds over your body and feeding you grapes, but they do have incredible amenities so you can enjoy la bellavida.
- Ritz-Carlton South Beach: If having a spa day at this remarkable resort isn’t on your list of must-dos, it should be. Just reading through the Ritz’s spa menu will send you into a trance of near perfect relaxation making it one of the top hotels in Miami. You’ll feel the stress leave your body during your hot stone massage and follow that up with an age-defying facial.
- Loews Miami Beach Hotel-South Beach: Facials and hot stone rubdowns are wonderful, but so is working out the kinks on your own. The flow yoga classes are perfect for beginner yogis who are looking to find their Zen. If you follow that up with a flow massage, you’ll probably find it hard to leave.
Attractions in Miami
We know how attractive the beach can be: The people, the drinks, the water, the sand, the sun. The list goes on and on, but don’t be fooled by the beauty of one of the world’s most famous stretches of sand. Littered throughout the metro area are some fine attractions that might influence your hotel search:
- Little Havana: This must-see neighborhood is a slice of Cuba dropped into the middle of the city. The Little Havana food tour is a perfect way for you to immerse yourself in everything food and drink from our little island nation neighbor. Get a picadillo-stuffed empanada or a Cubano medianoche sandwich. As long you wash everything down with a mojito, all will be well.
- Amazing shopping: With the savings you get with our Miami hotel deals you’ll be able to go on a proper shopping spree. Lincoln Road on South Beach is one of the premier shopping districts in the area. You can find everything from apparel stores to technology shops. Be sure to check out Collins Avenue also located along the scenic shores of South Beach.
You’re attracted to the bright lights and warm shores of Miami like you were to a school yard crush. You’re giddy and excited and nervous all at the same time. Travelocity’s top Miami hotels will be your perfect companion on this incredible getaway to the jewel of South Florida.