Nice hotel, but better options are out there
Posted Sep 6, 2016
Overall, we did enjoy our stay at Barcelo, but if we return, we will likely stay somewhere else. Here's a brief overview of the main features:
- Food: The food was good, but options were limited. Only one or two restaurants would take reservations each night, and the only other option was the buffet. I'm not sure if it was the food that did it, but my husband and I both did get sick stomach-wise during the trip. We did enjoy one great dinner at the Mexican restaurant.
- Entertainment: AWESOME shows! I've stayed at a different all-inclusive in Cabo, and the shows didn't compare. We loved the circus show, the Michael Jackson tribute, and the Mexican dancing and mariachi band.
- Rooms: The room was adequate for the stay. I wish we had upgraded at the beginning (either larger bed or better view), but we didn't. We did lose power for one day, which was rough with no AC. There is construction next door, but the noise wasn't bad.
- Pools & Resort: The pools were great! It wasn't too busy during the first part of our stay, so we were able to get good chairs near the pools and not feel crowded in the pool. The beach access was great! We loved venturing down at sunset every evening.
- Service: At the beginning of our trip, the service was great. But as the resort got busier further into our trip, the service decreased immensely. We weren't even waited on during our last dinner and breakfast.
Overall, it was a nice place to stay, but we'd be willing to pay more for a nicer spot.
Comment from Hotel Management
Sep 9, 2016 by Guest Service, Hotel Management
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos during your last visit.
We are truly sorry for all those inconveniences you had encounter while you were here.
We are taking serious measures to avoid those kinds of incidents and achieve our main goal that is your complete satisfaction exceeding your expectations with the best quality services and hospitality during your retreat at the resort.
Sorry to hear you were ill, we have a medical center to provide you the best medical care.
It’s nice to know you had enjoyed our services as entertainment, shows and pools. Our staff loves to work harder every day and continuously improve the way to make you happy.
We hope you can give us a second chance and change that bad impression.
Warm regards from Los Cabos.