Room Bait and Switch
Posted Jan 19, 2016
1. First thing that happens: I am told that my room no longer exists and that I need to upgrade my room if I want to remain non-smoking. After the first upgrade - I was told that I needed to upgrade again because they did not have another non-smoking room for the first upgrade.
2. After paying for the upgrade, I am told that there were no upgrades and I got my original room back (non-smoking of course). I did receive a refund.
3. I haul my stuff up to my room. Around 11:00 that evening I am told that I was given the wrong room. I was allowed to keep the room that night, but had to move my stuff.
4. The next day I received my room after storing my stuff all day. The room they gave me was already occupied, and to my embarrassment - walked in on another couple.
5. Finally got the room I wanted (nice room), but it was a hassle and there was no compensation for any of the troubles I went through. Additionally, while waiting for the key to this room, I was behind somebody else who was told that their room no longer existed and that they needed to upgrade. Sounded a little too familiar!