Located in Kapaau, Hawaii Island Retreat is by the ocean and convenient to Kamehameha Park and Kenjis House.
This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of King Kamehameha Statue and Kamehameha Statue.
Make yourself at home in one of the 16 guestrooms. Cribs/infant beds (surcharge) and rollaway/extra beds (surcharge) are available on request.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you're looking for recreational opportunities, you'll find an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a 24-hour fitness center. This Victorian hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and supervised childcare/activities.
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Hawaii Island Retreat. Full breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services, a 24-hour front desk, and luggage storage. Planning an event in Kapaau? This hotel has 1200 square feet (111 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.
About the Hawaii Island Retreat
There's a restaurant on site. WiFi is free in public spaces. Hawaii Island Retreat offers its guests a full-service spa, an outdoor pool, and a spa tub. Event space at this hotel measures 1200 square feet (111 square meters) and includes conference space. A 24-hour fitness center, a rooftop terrace, and spa services are also featured at the boutique Hawaii Island Retreat. The hotel can provide concierge services and wedding services. Free self parking is available.
This 4-star Kapaau hotel is smoke free.
- 16 guestrooms or units
- 3 levels
- 4 buildings
- 3 conference rooms
- 1200 sq ft of conference space
- 111 sq m of conference space
- Built in 2009
- Dining venue
- Supervised kid's activities (surcharge)
- Terrace on the roof
- Towels for the beach
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Conference facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Outdoor picnic space
- Gift shop
- Fireplace in lobby
- No smoking on site
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free long-term parking, Free self parking, Free RV, bus, truck parking
Hawaii Island Retreat offers 16 accommodations with complimentary toiletries. Cribs/infant beds (surcharge) and rollaway/extra beds (surcharge) are also available.
- Cribs (surcharge)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Toiletries (free)
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy full breakfast daily from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM.
Ula Ula Dining Room - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Reservations are required.
Start your morning with a full breakfast, available each day from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM for a surcharge.
Nearby Things to Do
An outdoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour fitness center.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, fitness facility, or spa tub without adult supervision. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ecotours on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Maluhia Spa has 5 treatment rooms including rooms for couples and outdoor treatment areas. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and Ayurvedic. The spa is equipped with a spa tub.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision.
- Spa tub in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you need to make special requests for accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when booking your stay.
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 5 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- No pets allowed
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Resort fee: USD 25 per accommodation, per stay
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 120 per vehicle (one way)
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for an additional fee
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia Hotel
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat Hotel
- Hawaii Island Retreat Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Kapaau
You should know
Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 5 years old and younger stay free in the same room as the parent or guardian when using existing bedding. Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.