Book your room at Hawaii Island Retreat
Please enter your travel dates.
Get an overview of this hotelBayside hotel with full-service spa and restaurant
Located in Kapaau, Hawaii Island Retreat is by the ocean and convenient to Kamehameha Park and Kenjis House.
This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of King Kamehameha Statue and Kamehameha Statue.
Make yourself at home in one of the 16 guestrooms. Shared bathrooms with complimentary toiletries are provided.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you're looking for recreational opportunities, you'll find an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a 24-hour fitness center. This Victorian hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Hawaii Island Retreat. Full breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services, a 24-hour front desk, and luggage storage. Planning an event in Kapaau? This hotel has 1200 square feet (111 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The hotel offers a restaurant. High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. In addition to a full-service spa, Hawaii Island Retreat features an outdoor pool and a spa tub. Event facilities measuring 1200 square feet (111 square meters) include conference space and meeting rooms. This Victorian hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, a rooftop terrace, and spa services. Concierge services, wedding services, and tour/ticket assistance can be provided. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
Hawaii Island Retreat is a smoke-free property.
- Rooftop terrace
- Beach towels
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Number of buildings/towers - 4
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 16
- Number of floors - 3
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 2009
- Conference space size (feet) - 1200
- Conference space size (meters) - 111
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Pool sun loungers
- Free long-term parking
- Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Free self parking
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Outdoor pool
- Free use of nearby fitness center
- Wedding services
- Free WiFi
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free long-term parking, Free self parking, Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Shared bathroom with sink in room
- Free toiletries
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM.
Ula Ula Dining Room - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Reservations are required.
Nearby Things to Do
An outdoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour fitness center.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, fitness facility, or spa tub without adult supervision. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Free bicycles on site
- Mountain biking nearby
- Ecotours on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Maluhia Spa has 5 treatment rooms including rooms for couples and outdoor treatment areas. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and Ayurvedic. The spa is equipped with a spa tub.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision.
- Spa tub in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 6 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Resort fee
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 25 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per day
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia Hotel
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat Hotel
- Hawaii Island Retreat Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Kapaau
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Children 5 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.