The lobby and my room reeked of cigarette smoke despite it being a non-smoking facility. The door of my room wouldn't open and it appeared to have kicked at one pount, as their was a dent in the frame of the door next to where the inside deadbolt would've been. Since it wouldn't open, the front desk staff person quickly gave me another room (she was great). Once inside the room, the smell of cigarette smoke was almost unbearble. I actually left my clothes and coat in the car to avoid the smell getting on them. Shady looking figures hanging out in front of motel room doors. Cars left running all the time, others pulling in and out constantly. Voices of people heard ALL night outside my door. Random people were knocking on my door from midnight through 4:30am. I'd look out the peephole and they were different people each time.l was nervous enough that i dragged the microwave cart in front of the door as an extra layer of protection "just in case" someone wanted to get in. A pile of french fries were revealed when the cart was pushed over. Shower was stained, as were most of the threadbare towels. It was bad enough that I didn't use either. There was a large hole in the bedspread and pancake flat pillows. This was by far, the least safe I've ever felt on the road.