Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Edmonton hotel near theatre, pubs, eateries
Popular property highlights
Fairmont Hotel Macdonald is in the heart of Edmonton, walking distance from Citadel Theatre and Shaw Conference Centre.
This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Stanley A. Milner Library and Edmonton City Centre.
Make yourself at home in one of the 198 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. LCD televisions with digital programming are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages. If you're looking for recreational opportunities, you'll find a health club, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. This hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Full breakfasts are available daily from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM for a fee.
Featured amenities include wired Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Edmonton? This hotel has 12000 square feet (1115 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
The 24-hour business center offers 2 computers with printers and high-speed Internet access, fax machine, and photocopier (surcharge for all). Complimentary coffee, tea, and magazines are provided. Wireless and wired Internet access is available in the lobby, lounge, and meeting rooms (surcharge). Approximately 12,000 square feet (1,115 square meters) of flexible meeting space is available; the Wedgwood Room, with its china-patterned ceiling, is a favorite for weddings. The hotel's fine-dining restaurant and lounge are decorated with antiques and museum-quality art.
One block from Shaw Conference Centre and two blocks from the Citadel Theatre and Edmonton City Centre Mall, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has gardens, fountains, and a gazebo; one of Canada's largest urban parklands is steps away.
The fitness center (complimentary to guests) contains a 40 foot (12 meter) indoor saline pool, children's wading pool, cardio- and strength-training equipment, and women's and men's locker rooms with showers. Therapeutic massage services, cranio-sacral therapy, Reiki, foot reflexology, and paraffin treatments also are available (surcharge).
Enjoy an after-work treat in The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald’s Confederation Lounge, featuring an outdoor patio and seasonal BBQ services, or indulge in a fine-dining experience in The Harvest Room, on the main floor of the hotel. For a pleasant and relaxed diner, take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour in Room Dining for the ultimate experience in comfort and convenience.
- Express check-in
- Babysitting or childcare
- Fitness facilities
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Conference space size (meters) - 1115
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Airport transportation
- Total number of rooms - 198
- Number of floors - 8
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Conference space
- Electric car charging station
- Meeting rooms 8
- Year Built 1915
- Steam room
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Health club
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Children's pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 12000
- Spa tub
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( CAD 14.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( CAD 14.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( CAD 14.95 per night ), Wired high-speed internet ( CAD 14.95 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Microwave (on request)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Pillowtop mattress
- Electric kettle
- iPod docking station
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Digital TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
The Harvest Room - Fine-dining restaurant located on the main floor of the hotel. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; breakfast buffet served daily from 6:30 AM until 11 AM Monday through Friday, and from 7 AM until noon on weekends and holidays. A la carte breakfast also available.
The Confederation Lounge - Lounge equipped with outdoor patio and BBQ services (seasonal). Open daily from late morning to late evening; lunch, dinner, and appetizer menu.
24-hour in-room dining - For the ultimate experience in comfort and convenience. Children's menu available.
Start your morning with a full breakfast, available each day from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM for a surcharge. Room service is available around the clock.
Nearby Things to Do
Enjoy a range of recreational amenities, including a visit to the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald fitness center and massage therapy rooms complete with separate cardio and weight training rooms, an indoor swimming pool, squash court, and massage therapy services.
Additional features include babysitting/childcare, Smudge a yellow-lab canine ambassador welcoming guests in the lobby, and gift shops/newsstands.
- Free bicycles on site
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Prenatal massage
- Number of treatment rooms 3
- Sports massage
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 25 per pet, per day
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 15 and CAD 35 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: CAD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: CAD 35.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 45.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per pet, per day
- Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
- Fairmont Hotel Macdonald Edmonton
- Fairmont Macdonald
- Fairmont Macdonald Edmonton
- Edmonton Fairmont
- Fairmont Edmonton
- Fairmont Hotel Edmonton
- The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald Edmonton, Alberta
- The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald Edmonton Alberta
- The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.