Get an overview of this hotelStylish boutique hotel and spa on Magnificent Mile
With a stay at The James Chicago, you'll be centrally located in Chicago, steps from Driehaus Museum and St. James Cathedral.
This 4.5-star hotel is close to John Hancock Center and Millennium Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 297 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and complimentary weekday newspapers.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Full breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Chicago? This hotel has facilities measuring 7000 square feet (650 square meters), including a meeting room.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The James Chicago
In addition to a full-service spa, The James Chicago features a fitness center and complimentary bicycles. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 4.5-star property offers access to a business center, limo/town car service, and a meeting room.
Public areas are equipped with complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. Event facilities measure 7000 square feet (650 square meters). This luxury hotel also offers multilingual staff, concierge services, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Valet parking is available onsite for a surcharge. A total renovation of this property was completed in July 2011.
The James Chicago is a smoke-free property.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Express check-in
- Total number of rooms - 297
- Number of floors - 17
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Wedding services
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- One meeting room
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (meters) - 650
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Full-service spa
- Free WiFi
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Conference space size (feet) - 7000
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium TV channels
- Hair dryer
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe
- Plasma TV
- Cable TV service
- Private bathroom
- In-room massage available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Pillow menu
Where to Eat
Breakfast is available for a surcharge each morning.
David Burke's Primehouse - This steakhouse specializes in American cuisine. This restaurant serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. A children's menu is available. Featuring Primehouse Bar, a perfect spot to enjoy weekly happy hour specials or a full meal, and The Patio, a seasonal alfresco dining spot.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
A health club and complimentary bicycles are featured at the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Free bicycles on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
The Spa by ASHA has 3 treatment rooms. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs.
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Prenatal massage
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Number of treatment rooms 3
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 2 PM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per accommodation, per stay
- Dogs and cats only
- 2 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 13 - 24 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 65 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30 per night
- Chicago James
- James Chicago
- James Hotel
- James Hotel Chicago
- James Chicago Hotel
- Chicago James Hotel
- James Chicago Hotel Chicago
We should mention
Reservations are required for spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.