Get an overview of this hotelLuxury hotel on the Mag Mile, with rooftop dining
Popular property highlights
With a stay at The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Michigan Avenue Chicago, you'll be centrally located in Chicago, steps from Tribune Tower and minutes from Wrigley Building.
This 4.5-star hotel is close to John Hancock Center and Millennium Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 311 air-conditioned rooms featuring DVD players and plasma televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming provides entertainment. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as a 24-hour health club or take in the view from a rooftop terrace. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and express check-in. Planning an event in Chicago? This hotel has 15000 square feet (1394 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Michigan Avenue Chicago
The hotel offers 2 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access. 12 meeting rooms are available. This luxury hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, a rooftop terrace, and multilingual staff.
The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Michigan Avenue Chicago is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Rooftop terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 12
- Year Built 1928
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1394
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 15000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 311
- Number of floors - 17
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour health club
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Free bottled water
- In-room massage available
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Plasma TV
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Daily housekeeping
- Pillow menu
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room safe
Where to Eat
Circa Restaurant - boasts elegant private dining and Breakfast daily in a space that gives a wink to Chicago’s storied past. Located on the 5th floor, Circa offers a variety of seating options from cozy banquettes to communal tables allowing guests to tailor their dining experience. Circa Restaurant also offers private dining rooms, which can be reserved for intimate affairs, special occasions, and events.
Upstairs at The Gwen - Perched on the fifth floor of the landmark McGraw-Hill building, Upstairs at The Gwen focuses on the art of craft cocktails paired with shareable small plate fare, and boasts cityscape views from among the Art Deco-infused architecture of The Gwen.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75.00 per pet, per stay (maximum USD 75.00 per stay)
- Dogs and cats only
- Up to 25 lb
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 14 and USD 19 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 71 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per pet, per stay (maximum USD 75.00 per stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.00 per night
- Conrad Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Conrad Hotel Chicago
- Gwen Luxury Collection Hotel Chicago
- Gwen Luxury Collection Hotel
- Gwen Luxury Collection Chicago
- Gwen Luxury Collection
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Michigan Avenue Chicago is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Top 100 List and the 2012 Travel + Leisure 500.
Book a stay in a "Parking Promotion" rate category and receive self parking for 1 vehicle with in/out privileges. Must book "Parking Package" rate plan to receive benefits. Not valid with any other discount, coupon, or offer. Other restrictions may apply.