You don’t have to have a passport to catch flights to Panama City, FL, but you may feel like you’ve stepped into another world when your feet leave the jetway. With golden sunsets, crystal blue water, and pristine white sand, this seaside city is a destination unto itself. Sidled up to the south coast of Florida’s panhandle, Panama City boasts the perfect pairing of waterfront vistas and Southern hospitality. Whether you plan to dance the night away near the water, taste the tannins at local wineries, or simply lounge on the shore with a towel and a good book, start this great getaway right with cheap flights to Panama City, Florida and a swoon-worthy resort.
Transportation from ECP
Panama City, Florida flights land at a few area airports, but the closest is Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP). The name is long, but the commute is an easy 23.5-mile drive around some beautiful bays. Public transportation is limited in this area, so reserving a rental car before you fly is a convenient way to make sure you have a set of wheels when you’re ready to cruise along the Gulf Coast.
Hotels near ECP
Once you’ve found the best airfare to Panama City, Florida, pick out a hotel to match. Book one of these guest favorites or browse our other fabulous accommodations:
- Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort by Resort Collection: Looking for a fun family-friendly getaway with extra indulgence for grownups? Stay in one of these kitchen-inclusive suites, located close to Shipwreck Island Waterpark and Goofy Golf. The youngsters will love these activity parks and the resort spa will have you quite smitten.
- Beachside Resort: To wake up just steps away from white sand and a lounge chair, book your stay at Beachside. When you aren’t sitting seaside with a cold drink in one hand and a good book in the other, browse the collections at the Man in the Sea Museum, all about the life aquatic.
- Legacy by the Sea: If you picture your perfect getaway sipping tea on a private balcony and looking out onto the pier boardwalk as you plan a relaxing day, this is the hotel for you. Explore Panama City and come back for dinner and drinks at the Legacy’s beachfront restaurant.
- Bay Point Golf Resort & Spa: The best things come in threes, and at this resort the terrific trio is proximity to gorgeous on-site golf courses, a peaceful spa, and a truly amazing location in a small bay. Consider this your hideaway.
Things to Do in Panama City
What can we say, traveler? When the warm breezes dance through the palm trees and make the gulf swell, there’s really only one thing you’ll want to do—soak up the sun. Well, as fortune has it, tickets to Panama City, Florida are like passes to lazy days on the beach and idyllic evenings near the bay.
- Go to Panama City Beach: South of West Bay, facing the gulf, the town of Panama City Beach is a long stretch of several beaches, all of which boast brilliant white sand, family-friendly playgrounds or amusement parks, and mouthwatering seaside restaurants and waterfront bars and picnic areas. Sun’s out, fun’s out.
- Sip some local wine: You may be surprised to hear that Florida has its own wine scene, and small Panama City is swirling with its own flavors. Taste the tannins at Panama City Beach Winery and wander along the coast to Emerald Coast Wine Cellars in nearby Destin. Take home the flavor of Florida in a bottle…or two bottles.
- Float with a boat: Splashing through the majestic blue tides is all well and good—in fact, it’s exquisite—but these shores deserve to be seen from many different vantage points, and one of those is from the comfy seats of a boat. Charter a sea-worthy vessel from the Panama City Marina and float gingerly in Saint Andrew Bay.
- Wander along Russell Fields City Pier: On the east side of Panama City Beach, this pier stretches out toward sea with panoramic views and it’s the perfect place to watch the sunset or cast a line early in the morning. This is paradise on earth.
Your next great getaway begins with cheap flights to Panama City, FL, and isn’t over until you’ve soaked up all the golden rays and misty sea air the Sunshine State has to offer.