Like the strong tides lapping at golden sand, the island of Cozumel is wooing you toward Mexico’s Caribbean coast. While your eyes are still in daydream position, imagine sipping a life-changing margarita on the beach and snorkeling through coral reefs. Laden with archeological ruins and natural wonders, this island is a short float to Playa del Carmen and Cancun, but first, you’ve got to book flights to Cozumel, Mexico. Read on to learn more about our selection of hotels and airfare to Cozumel as well as the amazing experiences that await!
Transportation from CZM
Cozumel, Mexico flights touch down just 15 km from the middle of the island, which means you’ll never be far from each relaxing locale on your itinerary, even when you’re on the jetway at Cozumel International Airport (CZM). The easiest way to get around the city is driving a rental car, as public transportation is limited and the tropical landscape just begs to be explored on your own time.
Hotels near CZM
As you choose your upcoming Cozumel flights, don’t forget to pair your transportation with a luxurious destination. Consider these guest favorites and book flights and hotels together to save:
- Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa: With colorful décor and proximity to enchanting Discover Mexico Cozumel Park and Uvas Beach, the Presidente InterContinental makes it easy to relax and enjoy the best of this brilliant island whether you stay in or go out. If you stay in, take advantage of the full-service spa…
- Sunscape Sabor Cozumel – All-Inclusive: Want to stay just steps away from paradise? At this all-inclusive resort, you’ll be a short walk to sparkling Paradise Beach. Admire the coastline from a private balcony or splash around, when you aren’t dining in one of the gourmet restaurants or treating yourself to a massage.
- Secrets Aura Cozumel – All-Inclusive: Secrets is known the world over for adult-only getaways. Abscond to the elegant dining rooms, open-air suites, and relaxing amenities, like a full-service spa, five restaurants, and 24-hour room service, when you want a romantic evening in. Wake up to a delicious breakfast and take your coffee for a morning walk on Paradise Beach—perfection.
- El Cozumeleno Beach Resort All Inclusive: Whether your balcony looks out over a golf green or the crystal-blue Caribbean Sea, you’re in for beautiful scenery. Even the décor takes a few cues from the colorful surroundings with tropical hues. Stay here for a secluded escape and take advantage of the nearby ferry piers and explore the mainland.
Things to Do near CZM
You’re about to book more than flights to Cozumel; this relatively small island is brimming with luscious landscapes and lined with gorgeous shores. Add these attractions and activities to your getaway:
- San Gervasio Mayan Archeological Site: Near the center of the island, explore the ancient ruins of Mexico’s civilizations past. Once the site of pilgrimage to honor Ixchel, the Mayan goddess of love and fertility, San Gervasio is the largest archeological site on the island and its remains stand as a reminder of Quintana Roo’s complex heritage.
- Beach time: For a refreshing dip on the busy west coast, take your towel to Playa Palancar, where the water is warm and shallow and on a still day you can look straight to the bottom of the sea. Beloved among locals, this is a great place for casual dining right on the water. On the east coast, the rugged shore of El Mirador welcomes you to views of crashing currents and wildlife in their natural habitat.
- Museo de la Isla de Cozumel: Located directly southwest of the airport in the San Miguel district, this museum is a cultural capsule of the island’s history, art, and folklore. From coral formations and stone implements to contemporary sculptures and model colonial ships, it’s all here. While you’re in San Miguel, listen for the sounds of street musicians and follow the scent of savory seafood to a local restaurant serving up traditional Yucatecan cuisine.
Close your eyes and imagine the warm sea breeze dancing across your lashes. Listen for the call of seagulls and savor the possibility of an endless sea. Now, open your eyes. It’s time to book cheap flights to Cozumel with Travelocity, and make your daydreams a reality.