Get an overview of this hotelStylish hotel and art collection on Boston Common
With a stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston, you'll be centrally located in Boston, steps from Boston Opera House and minutes from Boston Common.
This 5-star hotel is close to Boston Public Garden and Faneuil Hall Marketplace.
Make yourself at home in one of the 193 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Satellite programming and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a health club, an indoor pool, and a sauna. Additional features at this hotel include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel's 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-out. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Ritz-Carlton, Boston
The Ritz-Carlton is located in Boston's Theater District, across from the Boston Common, two blocks from the Freedom Trail, and a mile of the beautiful Public Garden and the chic shops of Newbury Street. Artisan Bistro serves as a gathering point where guests can mingle during or after work and reconvene post-theater over cocktails while enjoying approachable artisan cooking. The Ritz-Carlton offers fresh local and seasonal dishes, using native ingredients, as well as uniquely sourced products with subtle bistro influences.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 193
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of floors - 7
- Business center
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Full-service spa
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Health club
- Concierge services
- Indoor pool
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 9
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 2001
- Shopping on site
- Spa services on site
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.95 per day ), Wired internet access ( USD 12.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.95 per 24-hour period )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Free newspaper
- Premium TV channels
- Hair dryer
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting area
- Designer toiletries
- Air conditioning
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Video-game console
- Free bottled water
- Private bathroom
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Free toiletries
- Satellite TV service
- In-room massage available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Artisan Bistro - The 76-seat modern dining room is dressed with rich dark and light woods and features elegant European design elements. Spot coloring in the new space echoes a classic bistro look and feel. Crafted wood wainscoting envelops the room and dramatic ambient lighting from above bathes white-washed, wood floors to reflect a bistro-like setting. Additional cluster seating is intimate and close, allowing for easy conversation and lively exchange. A communal table also serves to unite friends and those who will likely be friends by evening’s end. Warm, soft colors soothe the room from lunch to dinner, and after hours. The 22-seat bar, with a zinc top, is an integral part of the restaurant’s fun. The mood at the bar is lively, and inviting, yet relaxed and casual at the same time.
Avery Bar - The space is a modern, sophisticated design for hotel guests and local residents longing for a more stylish and relaxed feel. Items on the cocktail destination’s small plates menu are perfect for splitting among friends The space offers 65 seats with residential retro-style lounge seating, including two intimate alcoves that can be cordoned for private parties, and 13 seats at an arch-shaped bar decked with hand-selected Italian Calcutta marble.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common enjoy discounted access to the adjoinng Equinox Sports Club, a 100,000-square-foot fitness-and-spa complex with a 75-foot, four-lane lap pool. (Guests must be over 16, and there are surcharges for spa services and fitness classes.)
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Basketball on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Racquetball/squash on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Steam room in spa
- Sports massage
- Manicures and pedicures
- Sauna in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 18
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD $30 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD $125 per accommodation, per stay
- 1 per room (up to 60 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 52.00 per day
- Pet fee: USD $125 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD $30 per stay
- Boston Common Ritz-Carlton
- Boston Ritz-Carlton
- Ritz-Carlton Boston
- Ritz-Carlton Boston Common
- Ritz-Carlton Common
- Ritz-Carlton Common Boston
- Ritz-Carlton Common Hotel
- Ritz-Carlton Common Hotel Boston
- Ritz-Carlton Boston Common Hotel
- Ritz-Carlton Boston Common Hotel Boston
- Ritz Boston
- Ritz-Carlton Boston Hotel
- The Ritz Carlton Boston Common
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Ritz-Carlton, Boston is listed in the 2015 Condé Nast Traveler Top 100 List.