It’s not too late to whisk your sweetheart away for a last minute Valentine’s Day getaway. Here are my top five picks, including a spa getaway to San Diego, a sophisticated Vegas escape, a mini Bahamas cruise, an exotic Costa Rican hideaway and a luxe mountain adventure. Get the full details below.
Serene Escape in San Diego at the Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa
The Deal: $686/person includes five-night stay + flight
- Departs on Feb 14
- This luxury rancho-style hotel in La Jolla has gorgeous Spanish haciendas spread across nearly 10 acres of award-winning landscaping and native flower gardens. It’s a peaceful, relaxing hideaway perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- The Spa at Estancia had a soft-opening on January 19 and has undergone a beautiful new redesign! Try the 50-minute Secret Garden Couples Massage.
- Play a few rounds at the world renowned Torrey Pines Golf Course, hike to the top of Torrey State Park for spectacular views or head to La Jolla Cove where you can take a walk along the cove and watch the seals play the sun set over the Pacific.
Love on the Las Vegas Strip at the Vdara Hotel & Spa
The Deal: $675/person includes five-night stay, flight and two complimentary show tickets to one of Vegas’ best shows like The Beatles LOVE (Cirque du Soleil) or Criss Angel’s Believe.
- Departs on Feb 14
- Vdara is an all-suite, luxury, no-gaming property. Perfect for lovebirds who want to enjoy dining, theatre, spa days and relaxation without the disturbance of gambling (and cigarette smoke) in the lobby.
- This price includes a stay in the deluxe room — ultra modern kitchenette with dining table, spa-style soaker tub, king size pillow-top bed and panoramic views…the works!
- Have Travelocity’s New Concierge Team help you set up a romantic in-room dinner for your sweetheart. The concierge service is free with this package (and all hotel + flight packages)
- The Pool and Lounge covers 40,000 sq ft. and includes 19 private cabanas
3-Night Bahamas Mini Cruise from Miami on the Norwegian Sky
The Deal: Oceanview rooms starting at $279/person and some rooms even have free balcony upgrades. Deal includes 15% off shore excursions.
- Sails on Feb 15 and Feb 22
- Ship has 12 decks, 11 bars and lounges, 10 dining options, an onboard spa and a casino.
- Average temp in February in the Bahamas is a perfect 78 degrees!
- If you just want to make a short jaunt for Valentine’s, hop aboard the Norwegian Sky for a 3-night sail to the Bahamas. You’ll stop at Nassau, Bahamas and Great Stirrup Cay, Nowegian Cruise Line’s private island.
In Amor at El Sabanero Eco Lodge in Guancaste, Costa Rica
The Deal: $818/person includes 5-nights, flight and breakfast
- Departs Feb 14
- Get back to nature in your own private bungalow at El Sabanero Eco Lodge
- Tucked away on a hill with a to-die-for infinity pool overlooking the valley and surrounded by lush tropical gardens.
- The hotel is the perfect place to unwind, do yoga, and visit the spectacular beaches surrounding the resort including Tamarindo Beach and Santa Cruz.
- Overlooking The Rockies, The Pines Lodge, A RockResort offers intimate accommodations, world-class service and outdoor activities just footsteps from your door.
- The Pines Lodge offers ski-in access from Beaver Creek Mountain, and only 15 minutes from Vail, giving guests access to the best skiing in North America.
- Guests can also take advantage of free on-mountain tubing at Beaver Creek’s Haymaker Hill.