Travelocity Travel Deals of the Week — FOX & Friends
With airfares on the rise — up 4.5% over last year — is there any way to take a vacation for less this year?
Yes! Even if flights are more expensive, you can still get a deal by bundling your hotel and flight booking into a vacation package. Both airlines and hotels discount their rates for inclusion into vacation packages. You can save up to $525 per person.
The other way to find a deal right now? Book a cruise! It’s the middle of wave season when most of the major cruise lines offer an average of 65% off brochure rates and Travelocity is giving you up to $500 back in cruise cash!
Here are four travel deals* to jump on right now.
6-Night Family Cruise on Carnival’s Newest Ship the Carnival Breeze
The Deal: $840/person includes round trip flight and round trip cruise in balcony room (flight out of Newark)
- If you want to take the whole family on a cruise in 2013, now is the time to book. We are in the middle of wave season when all the major cruise lines are offering an average of 65% off regular rates.
- This cruise is on the Carnival Breeze, their newest “fun ship” rated Best New Ship of 2012 by Cruise Critic.
- The ship has a breezy, casual feel, new restaurants like Guy Fieri’s burger joint and Bonsai Sushi, a comedy club called the Punchliner, curated by Geroge Lopez, 320 ft. water slide.
- Staterooms are sleek and airey — private balcony w/ table and chairs, ample closets and space for the whole family to spread out.
25% Off 7-night Luxury Beaver Creek Ski Package at Beaver Creek Lodge
The Deal: $1,677/person includes round-trip flight and 7-night stay (flight out of LAX)
- AAA Four-Diamond Kessler Collection luxury property
- Every room at Beaver Creek Lodge is at least a two-room suite.
- Beaver Creek Lodge is situated right at the bottom of the escalator to the village
- Travelocity’s new concierge service can help with booking your restaurant reservations in town, ski passes, and tickets to the Vilar Center where bands, opera, dance and comedy performances are scheduled.
- Fun fact: Every day at 3pm chefs roam the village with warm chocolate chip cookies.
7 nights of European Elegance at the Romanico Palace in Rome, Italy (35% off)
The Deal: $1,068/person includes round-trip flight and 7-night stay (flight out of JFK)
- The hotel is centrally located just 5 min from Via Veneto, one of the most expensive streets in Rome, famous for designer boutiques. Also close to the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain!
- each room is different with beautiful frescos gorgeous decorated ceilings, rich linens and pure Italian elegance.
- Rome is further south than Milan, Florence, or Venice so it will be milder during winter months. It seldom drops below freezing.
7-night Escape to Paradise in the Bahamas at British Colonial Hilton Nassau
The Deal: $698/person includes round-trip flight and 7-night stay — Deal is after a $300 instant savings coupon code! (departs out of Houston, TX)
- The British Colonial Hilton Nassau is close to the airport but feels like your miles away. It’s situated on Nassau’s only private beach and after a multi-million dollar renovation, this hotel exudes all the charm and luxury of old-world colonial living.
- Gorgeous marble lobby, freshwater pool, views of the cruise ships in the port, and snorkeling right off-shore.
- Average temperature in February is 78 F and only about 1” of average precipitation!
*All deals subject to availability and may not reflect exact rate/dates as featured here.