Cheap Travel Deals of the Week on FOX & Friends 2.17.13
Spring break airfare is up nine percent domestically; seven percent internationally. So how can you save on spring break travel? Two tips to finding cheap travel deals: 1) book a Top Secret Hotel, which offers up to 45 percent off published rates or 2) book a flight and hotel vacation package. Below are this week’s top four vacation package deals from Travelocity.com:
Big Snow Adventure in Jackson Hole, WY at Grand View Lodge
The Deal: Flight + 5 nights stay for $603.00 — 30% off 3 or more nights. 20% off 2 nights.
Dates: March 5-10
- Jackson Hole has 24 feet of snowfall so far this year, which puts them at the top of the snowfall list for all of the Rocky Mountains…and it’s still snowing.
- Jackson Hole is easily accessible with nonstop flights from 9 major cities including NYC, LA, Dallas, Denver, Atlanta.
- One bedroom condo accommodations with in-room fireplace, gourmet kitchen, over-sized dining area and furnished terrace to enjoy the “grand view” of the Snow King mountainside.
- Grand View Lodge is walking distance to Jackson’s historic Town Square.
- Ski Magazine ranked Jackson Hole #1 for Overall Satisfaction and Character in 2013.
Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C. at the Capital Hilton
The Deal: Flight + 5 nights in the heart of D.C. for $745.00/person
Dates: March 28-April 2
- Cherry Blossom festival runs from March 20-April 14 but the average peak bloom date is April 4 so try to plan your trip around this date.
- Where in D.C. are the cherry trees? Most of the Yoshino cherry trees surround the Tidal Basin, which is close to Jefferson Memorial.
- The Capital Hilton is two blocks from the White House in the heart of downtown and not far from the Tidal Basin. It’s the perfect base for exploring all of the festival activities, including photography tours, river cruises and concert series.
- Download the Cherry Blossom Festival app to keep track of events and watch the progress of the blooms.
Spring Honolulu Escape at the JW Marriott Ihilani Ko Olina Resort Spa
The Deal: Flight + 5 night stay for $1,153.00/person
Dates: March 5-10
- Going to Hawaii during low season is ideal, less crowds and great deals.
- This is hotel is offering a savings up 40% off regular rates — it’s a no-brainer.
- It’s a luxury property situated on one of four private white sand lagoons with endless land and sea activities: stand up paddle lessons, sport fishing, free snorkel rentals, golf, tennis…
- Away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki, lots of fine dining restaurants right there on the property including Japanese, Italian, American.
Splurge at San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua with your own “Casa” at Pelican Eyes Resort
The Deal: Flight + 5 night stay in your own luxury 2-bedroom “casa” for $1,553.00/person
Dates: March 5-10
- This is a splurge, but if you consider the digs..it’s a steal! You are staying in your own two-bedroom house that looks like it was torn out of the pages of a design magazine — soaring cane ceilings, arched windows, airy terraces, exposed natural woods, handcrafted furniture and Central American art.
- What to do on the property: Infinity pools overlook stunning San Juan del Sur Bay, Casa Tranquila Spa, open-air yoga.
- Much of Nicaragua is largely undiscovered — I recommend taking a sailing excursion, which the hotel can organize for you. Explore the unspoiled Southern Pacific coastline by sea. Also a must is a day trip to Granada, Central America’s oldest colonial town.