Sometimes all it takes is passion and a two-minute YouTube video to make your travel dreams come true. In the case of Allie, Talia and Aaron, that is indeed the case. They each submitted a video to Travelocity’s recent Travel for Good contest, explaning why they would love to win a $5,000 grant to one of Travelocity’s Travel for Good signature voluntourism programs. They each shared a different and equally inspiring story about their commitment to giving back and their specific passion for communities in need around the world. Hear more from the winners themselves below, and check back frequently to find out the dates of the next voluntourism grant contest.
*MAJOR CUTENESS ALERT* Travelocity and Zooborns have just announced the 15 must-see zoo and aquarium newborns of 2012. Here’s a first-look at these soon-to-be famous kittens, calves and chicks in their very first moments on earth. Deciding your favorite is the hardest part! See more of each new addition after the jump:
- The Canada lynx kitten born at the Montréal Biodome. Montréal, QC.
- Macaroni penguin chicks born at the Tennessee Aquarium, Chattanooga, TN.
- Harbour seal pups rescued by the Vancouver Aquarium Marine Mammal Rescue Centre, Vancouver BC.
- Reticulated giraffe calf born at Binder Park Zoo, Battle Creek, MI.
- Amur leopard cub born at the Denver Zoo, Denver, CO.
- Grévy’s zebra foal born at the Cincinnati Zoo, Cincinnati, OH.
- Fur seal pup rescued by the New England Aquarium, Boston, MA.
- Warthog hoglets born at ZOO Miami, Miami, FL.
- Triplet snow leopard cubs born at the Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle, WA.
- Fennec fox kits born at the Rosamond Gifford Zoo, Syracuse, NY.
- Cheetah cub hand-raised by the Smithsonian National Zoo, Washington D.C.
- Red wolf pups born at the Great Plains Zoo, Sioux Falls, SD.
- Two new lemur’s at the Bronx Zoo, Bronx, NY.
- Pacific white-sided dolphin calf born at the Shedd Aquarium, Chicago, IL.
- African lion cub born at Jacksonville Zoo, Jacksonville, FL.
I love a good infographic. Don’t you? And when it comes Fourth of July travel, this infographic’s got everything you need to know to score the best deal! Here are the key things to keep in mind:
Cameras were rolling as the Travelocity Roaming Gnome and I roamed through some of the Disney Fantasy’s most awesome activities, like a spin through the AquaDuck and AquaLab, a Senses Spa massage, some Europa nightclubbing and a jaw-dropping fireworks show right off the ship.
RELATED ARTICLES & TRAVEL DEALS
Travelocity today announced its new Travelocity App for iPad is now available on the App Store, giving travelers the ability to book flights, hotels and car rentals all in one app. Travelocity for iPad joins the company’s existing app for iPhone and iPod touch, as well as devices on Android and Windows Phone 7, giving users access to the best in travel from their favorite device.