Please enter your travel dates.
Run Of House
- 1 double
Twin Room (Lambton) - Room Only
- 1 double and 1 single
Double Room (Lambton) - Room Only
- 1 king
Terrace Room - Room Only
- 2 double
4.5-star luxury hotel in Wellington near Wellington Cable Car
With a stay at James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor, you'll be centrally located in Wellington, steps from Wellington Cable Car and minutes from Museum of Wellington City and Sea.
This 4.5-star hotel is within close proximity of TSB Arena and Frank Kitts Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 268 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. LCD televisions with satellite programming are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as desks and complimentary newspapers.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including wireless Internet access (surcharge) and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Additional features include wedding services, a television in the lobby, and tour/ticket assistance.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Hot/cold buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a 24-hour business center, and audiovisual equipment. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center, conference/meeting rooms, and small meeting rooms. Parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The hotel offers a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 4.5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center, secretarial services, and audiovisual equipment.
High-speed wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Event facilities include a conference center, conference/meeting rooms, and small meeting rooms. This luxury hotel also offers a fitness center, tour/ticket assistance, and coffee/tea in the lobby. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is a smoke-free property.
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Total number of rooms - 268
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Audiovisual equipment
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Concierge desk
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Dial-up Internet access - surcharge
- Number of floors - 14
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 8
- Conference center
- Secretarial services
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Parking (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Year Built 1972
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Pay movies
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room massage available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- LCD TV
Hot/cold buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
Whitbys Restaurant - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Afternoon tea is offered.
Sojourn Cafe and Bar - This café serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Afternoon tea is offered.
24-hour room service is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Swimming nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Playground nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
A credit card imprint is required at check-in. If a valid credit card cannot be produced, a $100 NZD cash bond must be paid at check-in.
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Parking height restrictions apply
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: NZD 31 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: NZD 19 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): NZD 19 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: NZD - (for 30 minutes, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: NZD 27 per night (in/out privileges)
- Late check-in fee
- Rollaway bed fee: NZD 50 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in EarthCheck Silver Certified, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Hotel property is rated 4 star plus and is displayed on this page as 4.5 stars.