Please enter your travel dates.
A splash of color, a dash of wit—by Capitol Hill
With a stay at The Hotel George, a Kimpton Hotel, you'll be centrally located in Washington, steps from DC Fire and EMS Museum and National Postal Museum.
This 4-star hotel is close to United States Capitol and Ford's Theater.
Make yourself at home in one of the 139 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while video-game consoles and pay movies are also offered to provide entertainment. Bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Treat yourself with massages and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a steam room and a fitness center. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel's restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours).
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and banquet facilities. Parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Opened in 1998, the artfully designed The Hotel George, a Kimpton Hotel occupies a 1928 building on Capitol Hill. The lobby's mezzanine level includes the Back Room, a glass-enclosed boardroom with high-speed Internet access, granite conference table, ergonomic Herman Miller chairs, original art, and navy leather walls. Located on the lower level, the fitness center includes men's and women's steam rooms. Bistro Bis, adjoining the Washington DC hotel, provides all in-room dining and catering.
- Concierge services
- Fitness facilities
- Room service (limited hours)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Parking (surcharge)
- Business center
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Total number of rooms - 139
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 8
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Steam room
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- In-room massage available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Frette Italian sheets
- Plasma TV
Bistro Bis - Politicians, powerbrokers, and entertainers are among the regulars at this see-and-be-seen two-level restaurant. French cuisine with a creative flair includes selections such as Sea Scallops Provençal, Steak Frites Béarnaise, and Onion Tart Alsaciènne. Bistro Bis is accessible from The Hotel George lobby, and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The Hotel George, a Kimpton Hotel has a 24-hour fitness center with separate steam rooms for men and women. In-room spa services can be arranged, including facial treatments and massages.
A great walking and running route begins at the Capitol (about 3 blocks from the hotel), then rounds the Reflecting Pool—where politicos are often seen jogging—and continues along the National Mall (slightly more than 1 mile).
South of the Washington Monument, the Tidal Basin has paddleboats for rent, plus popular walkways that offer picturesque views and access to the Jefferson and FDR memorials.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Boating nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Manicures and pedicures
- Facial treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 45.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- Additional Details
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Children 16 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Seal, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.