Please enter your travel dates.
Luxury Room, 1 King Bed
Junior Suite, 1 King Bed
Superior Room, 1 King Bed
Superior Double Room, 2 Double Beds
The art of French living in the Nations' Capital
With a stay at Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square, you'll be centrally located in Washington, steps from Treasury Building and Ellipse.
This 4.5-star hotel is close to White House and Ford's Theater.
Make yourself at home in one of the 237 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and CD players. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Rooms have private patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms feature separate bathtubs and showers, makeup/shaving mirrors, and designer toiletries.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including wireless Internet access (surcharge) and gift shops/newsstands.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel's restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and audiovisual equipment. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom. Parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
Once hailed as Le Petit Grand Dame in the early 1900s, this historic building and landmark retains much of the historic grandeuer and french architecture to date when its doors opened to the public in 2002.
Located 1 block from Lafayette Square (named after Marquis de Lafayette) and the White House, the hotel offers 6 meeting rooms that carry the names of Parisian landmarks (Bastille) and districts (Montmartre). A business center provides complimentary use of a computer station with high-speed Internet access. The mini-library off the lobby has plush red-velvet seating and books on travel destinations, interior design, art, fashion, and lifestyle.
iCi Urban Bistro, the French-styled American bistro is a poplular lunch spot with a seasonal outdoor terrace. Evenings are more relaxed and a leisurely dinner menu is inspired nightly by the creative Chef Franch Locquet. The trendy and chic Le Bar serves innovative cocktails and light fare. Room service is available 24 hours a day.
Guests can stay up-to-date and well hydrated while working out at the hotel's fitness center, which offers treadmills with plasma TV screens, as well as complimentary bottled water and fruit.
The Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square is a smoke-free property.
- Fitness facilities
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service (24 hours)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Business center
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Business services
- Multilingual staff
- Security guard
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 12
- Translation services
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 237
- Banquet facilities
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Currency exchange
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Year Built 1999
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- CD player
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Complimentary newspaper
- Multi-line phone
- Voice mail
- Complimentary bottled water
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathroom phone
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Sewing kit
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Bathroom scale
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Clock radio
- Air conditioning
- Pillowtop mattress
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
iCi Urban Bistro - Contemporary American cuisine with a French twist. Seasonal outdoor terrace. Breakfast and dinner daily, lunch weekdays.
Sample menu for iCi Urban Bistro
- Pan-Seared Sea Scallops
- Onion Soup Gratinée
- Frisée and Watercress Salad
- Sautéed Maine Lobster
- Prime NY Steak and Frites
- Wild Mushroom Risotto
- Chocolate Fondant
- Brisk Coconut Parfait Bomb
- Apple 'Tarte Tatin'
Le Bar - Off the lobby, this popular watering hole is a meeting place for DC power brokers. Generously sized armchairs and sofas invite patrons to relax and partake in the French art of conversation. Open from early afternoon until late evening.
Sample menu for Le Bar
- Crab Cake Salad
- Baby Spinach Caesar Salad
- Cheese Plate
- Chicken and Roasted Vegetables
- Roast Beef
- Ham and Cheese
- Chicken Satay
- Smoked Shrimp Quesadillas
- Lobster and Vegetable Spring Rolls
- Jefferson (Frïs Vodka, Grand Marnier, Black Raspberry Liqueur, Sweet and Sour Mix)
- Moët & Chandon, Brut, Imperial Rosé
- Viognier, Zaca Mesa, Santa Ynez, 2000
- Château Greysac, Médoc, France, 1999
Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square offers room service 24 hours a day.
- Ice skating nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Early departure fee charged
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 14.95 (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 42 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40 per night
- Additional Details
Up to 3 children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square is listed in the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.