Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, City View
Concierge Room, Concierge Service
Downtown Washington, DC hotel near White House
With a stay at JW Marriott Washington DC, you'll be centrally located in Washington, steps from Freedom Plaza and National Theatre.
This 4-star hotel is close to White House and Ford's Theater.
Make yourself at home in one of the 772 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Premium TV channels and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include direct-dial phones, as well as safes and desks.
Take advantage of recreational opportunities offered, including an indoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. Additional features include concierge services, babysitting/childcare, and gift shops/newsstands.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel's room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and audiovisual equipment. Planning an event in Washington? This hotel has 37,000 square feet (3437 square meters) of space consisting of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom. Limited parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Next to the National Theater, the J.W. Marriott Washington DC on Pennsylvania Avenue, is 2 blocks from the White House and 4 blocks from the National Mall. The hotel offers 29 meeting rooms, including a 13,680-square-foot ballroom. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available in the 2-story lobby and adjacent restaurants. Guests can also use a business center with high-speed Internet access (surcharge).
The on-site fitness center has an indoor splash pool, saunas, and a spa tub. Dining and drink options include an American restaurant, an international lounge, a lobby coffee cart. Room service is available during limited hours.
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Business center
- Banquet facilities
- Exhibit space
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 15
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Concierge services
- Babysitting or childcare
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 772
- Parking garage
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 37,000
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 3437
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 29
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Television in lobby
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- LCD TV
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Climate control
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
1331 - Open for lunch and dinner, this lounge offers tapas and other international dishes in a room with brown-leather banquettes, recessed lighting, and nine televisions. Guests can plug laptops into tableside jacks for high-speed Internet access (surcharge).
Avenue Grill - The split-level restaurant serves American fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in an airy space overlooking Pennsylvania Avenue. A bar area with a fireplace is located on the upper level.
Lobby Coffee Cart - Starbucks coffee, juices, tea, and pastries are available throughout the day in the lobby.
J.W. Marriott Washington DC on Pennsylvania Avenue's fitness center has five treadmills, four stationary bikes, three stair machines, several weight machines, and free weights. Guests can also use an indoor splash pool, spa tub, and saunas.
A mile south of the hotel, Washington, DC's National Mall has a tree-lined walking and running path. Two miles away, the 18-hole golf course at Hains Point is perched on the banks of the Potomac River. There's a two-tier driving range and a miniature golf course.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Rowboats nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Boating nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
- Swimming on site
- Segway rental/tour nearby
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: JCB International, American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: USD 24.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 47.20 per day (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Stay For Breakfast
Stay in selected rooms and receive daily breakfast for two adults and children under 13 (extra-person charges apply for additional adults and include breakfast).
This promotion is valid for on-site breakfast from the hot buffet, full menu, or room service. Guests must book the “Stay for Breakfast” room type. Promotion may not be available on all days. Not combinable with other promotions.