Please enter your travel dates.
Queen Deluxe - Hosted Wine Reception
King Deluxe - Hosted Wine Reception
Monte Carlo - Hosted Wine Reception
- 1 king
Accessible Monte Carlo Guest Room with Roll In Shower
- 1 king
Landmark 1 block from Penn Quarter, Verizon Center
With a stay at Hotel Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, you'll be centrally located in Washington, steps from National Portrait Gallery and International Spy Museum.
This 4-star hotel is close to Ford's Theater and United States Capitol.
Make yourself at home in one of the 183 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while video-game consoles and premium TV channels are also offered to provide entertainment. Bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including wireless Internet access (surcharge) and concierge services.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel's restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom. Parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Hotel Monaco is located in Washington, DC's Penn Quarter, across the street from the National Portrait Gallery. A transformed federal building, the hotel is a playful mix of neoclassical architecture and whimsical decor with bold orange accents and modern art pieces throughout its public spaces.
Some machines in the 24-hour fitness center include LCD TVs with earphones. A business center with both Macs and PCs is open 24 hours a day (surcharge). Overnight shoeshines are complimentary, as are morning newspapers.
This pet-friendly hotel provides a goldfish in a bowl to keep guests company. Guests arriving with pets receive food and water bowls, neighborhood dog-walking maps and pick-up bags, pet treats, and a room-service menu just for pets. The property is smoke-free.
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Room service (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Banquet facilities
- Business center
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Total number of rooms - 183
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Concierge services
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Smoke-free property
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Fireplace in lobby
- Multiple small meeting rooms
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Free wired high-speed Internet
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Extra towels/bedding
- Turndown service
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Video-game console
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room massage available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Frette Italian sheets
- LCD TV
Sample menu for Poste Moderne Brasserie
- Tomato Bruschetta
- Beef Tartare
- Wild Alaskan Halibut
- Steamed Mussels
- Steak Frites
- Philadelphia Almond Cake
- Chocolate Pot de Creme
Poste Moderne Brasserie - An open kitchen, outdoor seating in a glass-enclosed area, skylights, and large picture windows are among the highlights of this modern brasserie. High-sided booths provide privacy. Originally the mail-sorting room of a post office that dates to 1841, Poste retains original cast-iron ceilings, granite walls, and masonry floors. The menu includes American dishes that integrate ingredients from the restaurant’s own garden and from area farms. Open seven days a week with brunch on weekends; the Poste bar is open while the restaurant is open and after hours.
A 24-hour on-site fitness center has treadmills with LCD TVs and earphones, cardio equipment, and free weights.
A four-story YMCA with a swimming pool is two blocks from the hotel. The Hotel Monaco is four blocks from the National Mall, with its open space to jog or walk.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near Hotel Monaco Washington DC - a Kimpton Hotel ; fees may apply.
- Ice skating nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Dock nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 10 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 10 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 42 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- Additional Details
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.