The Travelocity Green Guarantee
Travelocity offers green travelers the largest Green Hotel Directory available. Unlike other travel sites, Travelocity does not accept "self-certified hotels" into our Green Hotel Directory – we work with rigorous second- and third-party certification programs to certify our Green Hotels.
Just look for our green leaf tag when you shop on our site, and rest assured that it's a symbol you--and the Earth--can trust.
Ready to book? Save up to 40% on Green Hotels!
We know our customers trust us to hold the line against "green washing" and provide you with eco-friendly hotels that have been verified. Travelocity works with green hotel certification programs whose standards closely align with the Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria (GSTC) and who can guarantee an audit.
Member of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council
As a founding member of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council, we believe the GSTC provides a comprehensive definition of what it means to be a sustainable tourism provider. We encourage all of our partners to look at ways they can align their programs with the GSTC because it is the most valuable global framework for distinguishing and harmonizing sustainability criteria in the hospitality industry today.
Sabre® Eco-Certified Hotel Partners List
Sabre is a founding member of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC), and the foundation of our Eco-Certified Program is the Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria. These criteria provide a global framework by which the sustainable practices of hotels can be measured and provide a common baseline for the multiple, global certification programs in travel and tourism. The criteria define sustainable tourism and incorporate the environmental, social, and cultural impacts of travel and were developed by adhering to ISEAL guidelines and involving more than 100,000 stakeholders worldwide. They have been implemented and recognized under the umbrella of the United Nations Environmental Program and the World Tourism Organization.
Each of the hotels in the Sabre Eco-Certified Hotel Program has been certified by a partner whose standards closely align with the GSTC’s criteria, and which include a third party audit. The partner must focus on the most critical aspects of sustainable tourism. The goal is to maximize tourism’s socio-cultural and economic benefits, and to reduce harm to the environment.
Sabre is proud to work with the following partners:
*GSTC recognized or approved
Terms and Conditions
WHAT IS THE TRAVELOCITY GREEN GUARANTEE?
1. The Travelocity Green Guarantee ("Green Guarantee") means that no "self-certified" green hotels are listed in our Green Hotel Directory. Ever.
2. We guarantee that each hotel in our Green Hotel Directory (identified on our site as an "Eco-Friendly Hotel" or with a leaf logo) has been certified as eco-friendly by a green hotel certification program which uses standards that closely align with the Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria, and which guarantees on-site audits of certified properties.
3. If you book an "Eco-Friendly Hotel" on Travelocity.com and find out that the hotel is self certified, we promise to do the following after we validate your claim:
- We will send you a $50 Promo Code for a future GoodBuy Hotel or Flight + Hotel vacation package on Travelocity.com (see full future trip discount terms and conditions).
- We will plant a tree on your behalf, by donating the cost of one native tree to The Conservation Fund, or another similar organization, which will plant the tree in a national wildlife refuge.
- We will work with our certification partner to remove the hotel from our Green Hotels Directory right away. We will not return that hotel to our Green Hotels Directory until the hotel qualifies for certification.
HOW DO I INVOKE THE GREEN GUARANTEE?
1. Only individuals who have completed a booking of a hotel on Travelocity.com are eligible to invoke the Green Guarantee with respect to that hotel.
2. You must contact us by completing and submitting the online form on our Web site at http://www.travelocity.com/TravelForGood/gr-claimform.html. The form must be submitted by no later than 14 days after the end of your stay.
3. Please complete all required fields, and provide us with as much information as we need to verify your claim. After we review your report, we may contact you if we need more information.
4. After we verify your claim, you will receive the Promo Code within 4-6 weeks.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. Limit: There is no limit to the number of Green Guarantee claims that you can submit.
3. Travelocity reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Green Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any reason, and without prior notice or liability to you. Travelocity's failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The terms contained in the Travelocity User Agreement are incorporated and made a part of these Terms and Conditions.