- Voluntourism Partners
- Change Ambassadors Grant
- Sabre Employees Grant
- Volunteer With Your Kids
- Enter the WE Do Good Awards
The Sabre Holdings Foundation —
Change Ambassadors GrantCustomer Guidelines 10/01/2008Application Guidelines
What is a Change Ambassadors Grant (CAG)?
A key component of the Change Ambassadors program is grants that will be awarded to people who have demonstrated long-term contributions through volunteering, but do not have the financial means to take a volunteer vacation. The Change Ambassadors' program offers grants to subsidize volunteer vacations through designated volunteer travel partners. We believe that the opportunity to create change and see the world from a new perspective ought to be accessible to everyone, regardless of economic circumstance. That's why The Sabre Holdings Foundation awards the Change Ambassadors Grant.
What qualifies as a Travel for Good-designated volunteer vacation?
Any of the trips which are operated and sponsored by our volunteer travel partners can be selected. You can find out about our partners and access the full archive of trips by clicking on the individual links on our Partners page.
Travel for Good aims to award two Change Ambassadors Grants of up to US$5,000 each per quarter to non Sabre Holdings employee(s) for the purposes of participating in the grant recipient's selected trip. If the amount of the selected trip exceeds US$5,000 the recipient(s) is responsible to pay the balance.
The awarded grant money will go directly to the volunteer travel partner to pay for the volunteer trip, and toward airfare and other necessary travel-related expenses. Grant recipients can choose to book their transportation and necessary accommodation to-and-from the volunteer site through any airline and/or hotel company directly or through Travelocity to be eligible for reimbursement. Any additional expenses incurred are the responsibility of the recipient(s). No other cash will be paid to the recipient(s).
Who can apply?
Anyone can apply for the Change Ambassadors Grant either as an individual or as part of a team. General age restrictions are the following, unless otherwise approved in writing by both us and our volunteer travel partner: Individual and team leader applicants must be 18. Team members, unless, accompanied by parent or legal guardian, must also be 18 years of age. The age restrictions for children on family teams depend on the chosen trip and terms & conditions set by our volunteer travel partners and should be approved by us in writing. A parent or guardian of a minor will be required to sign on behalf of the minor.
We reserve the right to reject any applicant who does not meet our eligibility criteria, or for any other reason.
What are the requirements for a CAG?
- Recipients must adhere to the Terms and Conditions of the Change Ambassadors Grant and Agreement. Please note that we only need a copy of these forms if you win the grant. You do not need to fill them out to apply.
- Trips must be taken within six months of the notification of approval.
- All travel arrangements must be made as soon as possible after notification of selection and no less than 45 days before departure.
What are the funding limits?
- For both individual travel and group travel the award will fund the whole amount of the cost of the trip up to a maximum of US$5,000.
- Funding will be limited to the whole amount of the cost of the selected trip from our volunteer travel partners and airfare plus other necessary travel-related expenses to-and-from the volunteer site. All additional expenses are the responsibility of the recipient(s) and will not be covered by the CAG.
- CAG recipients may not be awarded more than one CAG per calendar year.
- Once an individual has traveled on a voluntourism trip through the Change Ambassador Program, whether as a winner of the Change Ambassador Grant or as a guest of the winner of the Change Ambassador Grant, that individual will not be eligible to participate in any other trip sponsored by the Change Ambassador Program (either as a winner of the Change Ambassador Grant or as a guest of the winner of the Change Ambassador Grant).
How to Apply
Step 1. Select your volunteer vacation.
Browse through the trips highlighted on the Travel for Good website, www.travelocity.com/travelforgood/ and on our partners' sites (listed on site). Take note of the different skill levels and physical demands necessary for each trip. While you can apply to go on any of the hundreds of trips organized by our travel partners, we have provided a list of some of our favorite trips in case you need some inspiration! Be sure your skills match the trip requirements.
Step 2. Complete the CAG application.
A complete application should be submitted to the Foundation by each quarterly deadline. In its sole discretion, the Foundation may request additional essays, letters of recommendation, and your resume, which may be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prior to submitting the application you will need to affirm that you have read and agreed to the CAG Agreement and the Terms and Conditions of the Change Ambassadors Grant, which includes purchasing travel insurance for medical care, hospitalization, and accidental death & dismemberment at the recommended levels of coverage. If applying as a team, all team members must read and agree to the CAG Agreement and the Terms & Conditions of the Change Ambassadors Grant. The parent or guardian of a team member under 18 years of age must agree to the CAG Agreement and Terms & Conditions. A grant cannot be approved without this. Incomplete applications will not be considered for a grant award.
Step 3. Book your volunteer vacation.
Upon notification of a grant award, recipients should work with the volunteer travel partner to book the volunteer vacation and book any necessary transportation and hotel accommodation to-and-from the volunteer site through any airline and/or hotel company directly or through Travelocity. The grant award covers the cost of the volunteer vacation, transportation to the site and travel related expenses, as specified by the travel partner up to US$5,000. All incidental expenses, such as meals enroute, taxis, parking while away, cell phone usage, immunizations, passports, etc., are the responsibility of the recipient(s). The awarded grant for a volunteer vacation will be paid directly to the volunteer travel partner in the name of the grant recipient(s). Travel expenses eligible for reimbursement will be paid to the grant recipient upon presentation of a valid receipt(s) from an airline and/or hotel company up to the total US $5,000 including the cost of the volunteer vacation. No other cash will be provided to the grant recipient(s).
Overview of Process
- Choose volunteer vacation from one of our volunteer travel partners.
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Applications are reviewed by the Change Ambassadors committee. Grant winners will be notified. Grant recipients book their volunteer vacation and any necessary transportation to and from the volunteer site.
|Apply this quarter||CAG Selection & notification by||Plan travel for|
|Q1: Jan 1 - Mar 31||May 1st||Jun 15 - Nov 30|
|Q2: Apr 1 - Jun 30||Aug 1st||Sep 15 - Feb 28|
|Q3: Jul 1 - Sep 30||Nov 1st||Dec 15 - May 31|
|Q4: Oct 1 - Dec 31||Feb 1st||Mar 15 - Aug 31|
Trip reports are a valuable source of information for the Foundation's monitoring and future evaluations. Change Ambassadors requires CAG recipient(s) to adhere to the following reporting requirements:
- The Foundation requests a report from the recipient(s) on their volunteer vacation post trip in the form of a freestyle report or daily travel journal. If possible the recipient(s) should enclose action photographs with captions detailing different aspects of their volunteer vacation. Photos can be used to encourage more people to voluntourism.
- Reports should be posted to http://travelforgood.igougo.com/.
- All Change Ambassadors grants are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Change Ambassadors Agreement. We reserve the right to modify any and all terms and conditions, and to modify or terminate the Change Ambassadors program at any time.