Please enter your travel dates.
Fairmont, Room, 2 Double Beds - Spring Sale
Fairmont, Room, 1 King Bed - Spring Sale
Fairmont, Luxury Room, 1 King Bed - Spring Sale
- 1 King Bed
Deluxe Room - Spring Sale
Historic landmark downtown hotel near CN Tower
A stay at The Fairmont Royal York places you in the heart of Toronto, walking distance from Air Canada Centre and Roy Thomson Hall.
This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Hockey Hall of Fame and Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
Make yourself at home in one of the 1,365 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Windows open for fresh air and city views. Digital programming and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms have makeup/shaving mirrors and designer toiletries.
Take advantage of recreational opportunities offered, including a health club, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional amenities include babysitting/childcare, gift shops/newsstands, and a hair salon.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel's 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and audiovisual equipment. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom. Limited parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
Renovations & Closures
- The following facilities will be closed from 10 March 2014 to 17 March 2014 (dates subject to change):
- One of the dining venues
Located in Toronto's dynamic business district, The Fairmont Royal York is located above the PATH, a vast underground shopping and transportation complex with access to adjacent Union Station. The hotel is 3 blocks from both the CN Tower, the Sony Centre, and Royal Alexandra theaters in the theater district.
The hotel's opulent 32 meeting rooms include an an Italianate ballroom believed to be the most photographed room in all of Canada; the majestic Concert Hall that once housed a 50-ton pipe organ; the fireplaced Library Room, which once contained 12,000 books; and the Imperial Room, once the city's most elegant dancing and dining venue.
The hotel offers a staffed business center and wireless Internet access (surcharge) in most public areas.
The well-equipped health club has a skylit indoor pool, spa tub, saunas, steam rooms, and massage services (surcharge). 2 levels of shops include Elizabeth Milan Day Spa with signature treatments such as the Chocolate Body Indulgence and Royal Rose Dream (surcharges).
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Number of floors - 19
- Year Built 1929
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Business services
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Currency exchange
- Babysitting or childcare
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Airport transportation
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 1,365
- Parking garage
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 32
- Security guard
- Shopping on site
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Swimming pool - children's
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Tour assistance
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Pillowtop mattress
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary newspaper
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Microwave (on request)
- Multi-line phone
- In-room safe
- In-room massage available
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Turndown service (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Bathroom phone
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Video-game console
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
- Digital TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- TV Internet access (surcharge)
- LCD TV
- City view
EPIC - Contemporary fine-dining restaurant, serving classic European ingredients prepared with North American culinary innovations, in a dining room with velvet banquettes and Murano glass chandeliers. Known for its lobster dishes, EPIC also serves such items as Saskatoon berry-stuffed corn-fed chicken with buttered fresh parpadelle pasta, and jumbo prawn with sweet corn-Edamame bean salsa. Fine wine list. Daily traditional high tea with tea “sommelier.” Lavish Sunday brunch buffet including hand-rolled sushi, fresh seafood, and assorted rich desserts. Reservations recommended for tea, dinner, and Sunday brunch. Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and Sunday brunch.
Benihana Japanese Steakhouse - Meals prepared on hibachi-style grills at guests' tables. Ahi tuna, filet mignon, teriyaki steak, teriyaki chicken, and other seafood, meats, and vegetables. Sushi and sashimi. Nightly dinner.
Piper's Gastropub - Informal dining. Bar menu, appetizers, and desserts. Full bar, including a wide range of beers. Open Monday–Saturday, early afternoon to late evening; closed Sunday.
Library Bar - Intimate club-like bar with rich fabrics, wood paneling, and book-lined walls. Bar menu, appetizers, and desserts. Famous for its martinis, the bar also serves creative cocktails. Open Monday–Friday, early afternoon to late evening; Saturday, early evening to late evening; closed Sunday.
York's Deli and Bakery - Snacks, house-made soups, sandwiches, and hot-meal specials. Open from early morning to early afternoon.
Room service is available 24 hours.
The Fairmont Royal York includes a well-equipped health club, staffed from early morning to late evening, and accessible 24 hours by key card. Fitness equipment–many with personal built-in LCD TVs–include treadmills, elliptical trainers, a stair machine, a stationary bike, a strength-training machine, free weights, and stability balls.
The health club also includes an indoor lap pool, spa tub, and children's pool. Also provided are separate women's and men's locker rooms with saunas and steam rooms. Guests have access to the racquet and aerobic facilities at the Wellington Club (surcharge), located a half-block from the hotel.
Winter brings ice skating at Nathan Phillips Square at City Hall, 0.75 km (0.5 mi) from the hotel. Skate rentals are available at the rink. Lake Ontario, also 0.75 km (0.5 mi) from the hotel, offers seasonal recreational activities including cycling paths, fishing, and sailing.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Ice skating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Boating nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Swimming on site
- Hot stone massage
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 19
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: CAD 29 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 48 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per room, per night
- Deposit: CAD 100.00 per night
- Refrigerator fee: CAD 25 per stay
- In-room microwave fee: CAD 25 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 25 per night
- Additional Details
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Construction is underway at a neighboring building and there may be noise disturbance from the construction work. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in ECO Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.