Please enter your travel dates.
- One Double Bed
Harbour View Studio
Harbour View Twin Studio
Apartment hotel with pool, in Sydney's Potts Point district
With a stay at Macleay Hotel, you'll be centrally located in Potts Point, steps from Elizabeth Bay House and minutes from Fitzroy Gardens.
This family-friendly hotel is close to Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Make yourself at home in one of the 80 air-conditioned rooms featuring kitchenettes with refrigerators and stovetops. Relax and take in city and sea views from the privacy of your room. 68-cm LCD televisions and iPod docking stations are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Conveniences include direct-dial phones, as well as desks and complimentary newspapers.
Don’t miss out on the many recreational opportunities, including a health club, an outdoor pool, and a seasonal outdoor pool. Additional amenities at this Art Deco hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours).
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, an Internet point, and a computer station. A shuttle from the hotel to the airport is provided for a surcharge at scheduled times.
The Macleay Hotel is in Sydney's Potts Point district, steps from Kings Cross restaurants, cafés, shops, and nightlife. A bus stop is across from the hotel, and the Kings Cross train station is a five-minute walk.
An outdoor pool is on site, and guests enjoy an on-site fitness facility. The hotel also offers a barbecue area, a DVD and book library, a 24-hour business center, technology support staff, concierge services, and a 24-hour front desk. The Hotel also offers a one-way airport shuttle service (surcharge). A washer/dryer is on each floor. Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access is available in public areas.
Breakfast room service is provided by the Zinc Café.
The Macleay Hotel has designated areas for smoking. Secure self-parking is available (surcharge).
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 9
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Beauty services
- Business services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Airport transportation - drop-off (surcharge)
- Hair salon
- Free Wi-Fi
- Technology support staff
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Express check-in
- Swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- Tour assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 80
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Secure covered parking (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Secretarial services
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Health club
- Internet point
- Designated smoking areas
- Computer station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Medical assistance available
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- Year Built 1965
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Secure covered parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Cooking facilities
- DVD player
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Premium bedding
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Complimentary newspaper
- Direct-dial phone
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Shower only
- Private bathroom
- In-room massage available
- Wake-up calls
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- iPod docking station
- Kitchen linens (dishtowels, sponges, etc.)
- Digital TV service
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- LCD TV
- Water view
- City view
- Sea view
The hotel does not have its own restaurant, but there are several dining options within the surrounding area.
Macleay Street Bistro
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Dock nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
Policies & Fees
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: AUD 15 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 15 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): AUD 15 per day (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: AUD 14 per person (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: AUD 8 (one way), (from 2 to 12 years old)
- Self parking fee: AUD 30 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 25 per night
- Additional Details
Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Second Party CertifiedThis property participates in The Green Leaf Environmental Standard (GLES), a second-party certification program. Second-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an assessor or auditor that is not independent of the second-party certification program.
Official Australia STAR Rating provided by AAA Tourism Pty Ltd
AAA Tourism Pty Ltd assigns an official STAR Rating for accommodations in Australia. This Hotel property is rated 3.5 stars.