Please enter your travel dates.
Historic hotel near San Francisco's Union Square
A stay at Sir Francis Drake, a Kimpton Hotel places you in the heart of San Francisco, steps from San Francisco Magic Parlor and Union Square.
This 4-star hotel is close to Lombard Street and Fisherman's Wharf.
Make yourself at home in one of the 416 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and flat-screen televisions. Digital programming and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include direct-dial phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Enjoy recreational amenities such as a nightclub and a fitness center. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel's room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in San Francisco? This hotel has 16,000 square feet (1486 square meters) of space consisting of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom. Parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Newly renovated in September 2011, the pet-friendly Sir Francis Drake Hotel has a rooftop nightclub and a fine-dining restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. A street-level Starbucks offers coffee drinks and snacks. There is a fitness center on site.
Business travelers can take advantage of the property's 24-hour business center. The property also offers 11 conference rooms onsite, encompassing 16,000 of square feet of meeting space. Complimentary wireless and wired high-speed Internet access is available. Staff provide complimentary business services, including faxing and photocopying.
On Sundays, the hotel's The Starlight Room offers a classic brunch with attitude. Brunch features Sunday's a Drag, a live show starring Donna Sachet. Reservations are required.
The property offers valet parking for an additional surcharge. ATM banking is available onsite. Luggage storage is available.
This is a smoke-free property. Fines apply for violations.
- Technology helpdesk
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking garage
- Secure parking
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Exhibit space
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 416
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Express check-in
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 21
- Shopping on site
- Babysitting or childcare
- Tour assistance
- Medical assistance available
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Year Built 1928
- Wedding services
- Fitness facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 16,000
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 1486
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 11
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Pool table
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Direct-dial phone
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- In-room massage available
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- iPod docking station
- Down comforter
Scala's Bistro - Popular Mediterranean bistro specializing in French/Italian cuisine. Multi-level Parisian-bistro ambiance and picture-window views of Powell Street's pedestrian action and famous street cars. Locals and visitors return for paper-thin carpaccio, mussels and pommes frites, boeuf bourguignon, seared salmon fillet, pan-roasted monkfish, pizza, and pasta. Extensive wine and cocktail menu. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and cocktails daily.
The Starlight Room - Dancing, cocktails, and panoramic city views from penthouse-level nightclub with a 1930s flair on the 21st floor. Live bands four nights a week; light menu. Happy Hour on weekdays from 6 PM to 7 PM. Brunch on Sundays with live entertainment. Guests sometimes spot celebrities and sports stars. Open nightly.
Starbucks - Street-level. Coffee drinks and snacks.
On Sunday's, the hotel's The Starlight Room offers a classic brunch with attitude. Brunch features Sunday's a Drag, a live show starring Donna Sachet. Reservations are required.
The hotel is five blocks from Yerba Buena Gardens, location of expansive public gardens, a children's playground, a year-round ice-skating rink, and an antique carousel. Three of San Francisco's public-play golf courses are nearby: Presidio Golf Club (four miles); Harding Park (six miles); and the Lincoln Park Golf Course (six miles). The waterfront Embarcadero, one mile from the hotel, is popular for jogging.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Relax and rejuvenate with eco-friendly spa services offered directly in the guest rooms of the Sir Francis Drake. The customized treatment menu incorporates wild-crafted, natural and organic ingredients, all devoted to working in harmony with the environment while nourishing your skin and senses. Enjoy a rejuvenating massage, luxurious body treatment or soothing facial in the privacy of your guestroom.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 55 per night (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.