Please enter your travel dates.
- 1 king
Deluxe Double Room
- 2 double
Room, 1 King Bed, View (Market Street)
- 1 king
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed (Grand)
- 1 king
Restored landmark hotel in downtown San Francisco
With a stay at Palace Hotel - Luxury Collection, you'll be centrally located in San Francisco, steps from Crocker Galleria and Academy of Art University.
This 4-star hotel is close to Union Square and Lombard Street.
Make yourself at home in one of the 552 air-conditioned rooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Satellite programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, designer toiletries, and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include direct-dial phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Don’t miss out on the many recreational opportunities, including a health club, an indoor pool, and a sauna. Additional amenities include wireless Internet access (surcharge), babysitting/childcare, and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and audiovisual equipment. Planning an event in San Francisco? This hotel has 53000 square feet (4924 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center, conference/meeting rooms, and small meeting rooms. Parking (subject to charges) is available onsite, and additional parking (subject to charges) can be found nearby.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
This downtown San Francisco hotel is just a block from the Financial District. Union Square and top-name stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Macy's, Armani, Bulgari, Levi's flagship store, and Gump's San Francisco are within 2 or 3 blocks.
Palace Hotel - Luxury Collection is a member of the Luxury Collection, which includes more than 85 Starwood Hotels and Resorts in more than 30 locations around the world. It offers 3 restaurants, along with the celebrated Pied Piper Bar. The health club features a skylit pool, a eucalyptus sauna, and a fitness center. Facials include a complimentary hand, arm, shoulder, and neck massage. Guests can order poolside refreshments from room service.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Babysitting or childcare
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Banquet facilities
- Number of floors - 8
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Business services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Health club
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 552
- Secure parking
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Street parking (metered)
- Year Built 1875
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 53000
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 4924
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 23
- Conference center
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Tour assistance
- Translation services
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Street parking (metered), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Designer toiletries
- Satellite TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Complimentary bottled water
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Direct-dial phone
- Extra towels/bedding
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Flat-panel TV
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Shower/tub combination
Garden Court - Majestic, atrium-style dining room with soaring stained-glass dome, lush greenery, and Austrian-crystal chandeliers. Renowned Palace Jazz Brunch each Sunday, with jazz trio, fresh seafood, Asian specialties, omelet and crêpe station, unlimited sparkling wine, and lavish dessert buffet. À la carte and buffet breakfast, à la carte lunch Monday-Saturday, and Saturday-afternoon high tea.
Maxfield's Restaurant - Innovative California cuisine in a richly historic setting, including mosaic floor from 1909 and coffered, stained-glass ceiling. Menu may include Goat Cheese Soufflé, Sonoma Rack of Lamb, Black Angus Filet with Wild Mushrooms, and Brownie Baked Alaska. Lunch and dinner daily.
Pied Piper Bar - Home of the Maxfield Parrish mural The Pied Piper of Hamelin, painted for the hotel's reopening in 1909. Polished dark woods and coffered ceiling evoke a San Francisco gentlemen's club of the early 1900s. Open daily for cocktails, beer, wine, and specialty coffee drinks.
Located on the fourth floor, the health club features a skylit lap pool, along with a sauna, and fitness center.
The Palace is about 4.5 miles from the historic Presidio Golf Course, rejuvenated under the supervision of Arnold Palmer Golf Management.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Swimming on site
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 15.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 8.00 per hour (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 59 per day (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
This is a smoke-free hotel.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.