Availability: Hotel Whitcomb
Standard Double Room, 2 Double BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 1 infant)
Standard, One King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Superior Double Room, 2 Double BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 1 infant)
Superior, One King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Suite, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Superior, One Queen BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard, One Queen BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Venerable San Francisco landmark near Union Square
With a stay at Hotel Whitcomb, you'll be centrally located in San Francisco, steps from Orpheum Theater and San Francisco Public Library.
This eco-friendly hotel is close to Union Square and Lombard Street.
Make yourself at home in one of the 460 air-conditioned guestrooms. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as desks and coffee/tea makers.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services. Additional features at this Victorian hotel include gift shops/newsstands and wedding services.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in San Francisco? This hotel has 6,300 square feet (585 square meters) of space consisting of conference/meeting rooms and small meeting rooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hotel Whitcomb Amenities
With a BART and MUNI station at its entrance and a cable-car stop within 4 blocks, Hotel Whitcomb, A Historic Hotel of America, is across from the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium and the Orpheum Theatre. Union Square shops and restaurants are 6 blocks away.
Popular with theatergoers, the Market Street Grill has a changing menu with an emphasis on steak and seafood. The small, adjacent bar has a lovely Tiffany ceiling. A Starbucks kiosk in the lobby is open 24 hours on weekends.
Meeting and event space includes a ballroom for 400 guests, and a business center provides high-speed Internet access and other services (surcharge). Valet parking (surcharge) is available on site.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 460
- Number of floors - 6
- Year Built 1910
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 585
- Smoke-free property
- Wedding services
- Free Wi-Fi
- Number of meeting rooms - 8
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 6,300
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Premium TV channels
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Climate control
- Private bathroom
- Free Wi-Fi
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
Market Street Grill - Lobby restaurant with large fireplace, white tablecloths, steak and seafood specialties. Menu changes with each Broadway-style show at the nearby Orpheum Theatre. Adjacent bar features Tiffany stained-glass ceiling. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served. Bar open from early evening to late evening.
Starbucks - Lobby kiosk serving coffee drinks and pastries. Open from early morning to late evening, 24 hours on Friday and Saturday.
Overlooking Market Street, the fitness center provides treadmills, stationary bikes, a stair machine, and strength-training equipment.
Jogging, cycling, and rollerblading are popular along the Embarcadero, 1.5 miles away. The hotel is a mile from Yerba Buena Gardens, which includes a historic carousel, bowling alley, ice-skating rink, and children's play area.
Four miles away, the Presidio Golf Course is a public 18-hole course deep inside the city's verdant park near the Golden Gate Bridge. Golden Gate Park has walking and running trails, a playground, gardens, and tennis courts.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Hotel Whitcomb Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 35.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out fee: USD 50.00
- Deposit: USD 50.00 per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 20.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per night
- Additional Details
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in LEED Certified, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.