Availability: Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
Beaux-Arts beauty near San Francisco’s Union Square
With a stay at Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel, you'll be centrally located in San Francisco, steps from SHN Curran Theatre and Marrakech Magic Theater.
This 4-star hotel is close to Union Square and Lombard Street.
Make yourself at home in one of the 201 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Your pillowtop bed comes with Frette Italian sheets. LCD televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, designer toiletries, and complimentary toiletries.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy facials. Additional features include concierge services, wedding services, and a fireplace in the lobby.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel's 24-hour room service. Mingle with other guests at a complimentary reception, held daily. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and express check-out. Planning an event in San Francisco? This hotel has 7000 square feet (650 square meters) of space consisting of conference/meeting rooms and small meeting rooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The following facilities will be closed from 30 July 2014 to 31 October 2014 (dates subject to change):
- Dining venue
Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel Amenities
The smoke-free Hotel Monaco offers a brasserie-style, fine-dining restaurant and bar, and also hosts a daily wine reception.
Business travelers can appreciate the on-site 24-hour business center, 7,000 square feet of meeting space, complimentary Town Car service to the business district, and complimentary wireless Internet access that is available in public spaces. Guests can also enjoy concierge services and 24-hour room service.
The hotel's spa, Spa at Hotel Monaco, offers massages, facials, body wraps, nail care, sauna, and a spa tub.
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Total number of rooms - 201
- Multilingual staff
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Number of floors - 7
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Conference space size (meters) - 650
- Complimentary reception
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 7000
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Daily housekeeping
- LCD TV
- Frette Italian sheets
Grand Café - Guests enjoy preferred seating at this French brasserie-style restaurant reminiscent of a Parisian railway station circa 1929. Décor includes travel posters, soaring ceilings, arched windows, glowing chandeliers, and original sculptures. Contemporary seasonal cuisine and American favorites available daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Specialties include grilled “hanger” steak with roasted shallots and Sonoma duck breast with Yukon Gold potatoes. Fresh seafood daily, including clams, mussels, periwinkles, and oysters.
Petite Café and Bar - Occupying the front side of the hotel, this popular bistro bar serves French favorites such as Salade Lyonnaise and a classic cheese omelet until late evening on weekends. Sophisticated cocktails–there are five kinds of Manhattans–compliment after-theater socializing.
Hotel Monaco has a fitness center with three exercise bikes, three stair machines, and two treadmills, as well as a selection of free weights and strength-training equipment. The hotel offers an in-room yoga channel, and guests can enjoy complimentary use of yoga mats in their rooms.
Several public-play golf courses in San Francisco include the Presidio Golf Club (four miles), and the Lincoln Park Golf Course (six miles).
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- In-room accessibility
Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 52 per day
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Groen Nogle (Green Key), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.