Please enter your travel dates.
Superior Room, 2 Double Beds
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed, City View
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed
- One King Bed
Standard Room, 2 Double Beds, City View
Historic San Francisco hotel near Union Square
A stay at Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel places you in the heart of San Francisco, minutes from Lorraine Hansberry Theatre and close to Union Square.
This family-friendly hotel is close to Lombard Street and Fisherman's Wharf.
Make yourself at home in one of the 161 guestrooms featuring iPod docking stations and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, designer toiletries, and hair dryers. Conveniences include laptop-compatible safes and desks, as well as phones with voice mail.
Make use of convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a fireplace in the lobby.
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel. Mingle with other guests at a complimentary reception, held daily.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a 24-hour business center, and audiovisual equipment. Planning an event in San Francisco? This hotel has facilities measuring 750 square feet (70 square meters), including small meeting rooms. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle at scheduled times or park nearby.
This San Francisco hotel offers a 24-hour business center, meeting rooms, and complimentary wireless Internet access throughout. A complimentary wine reception is held nightly in the lobby amid the hotel's collection of international art and artifacts, which showcase cross-cultural design from Africa, India, Nepal and Asia.
The sleek Arabic-fusion restaurant, Saha, serves breakfast on weekends, and dinner Tuesday through Saturday. Guests receive discounted access to a nearby fitness center. An airport shuttle can be arranged with advance notice (surcharge). Valet parking is available 6 AM-midnight.
- Concierge services
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Event catering
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 161
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 9
- Tour assistance
- Medical assistance available
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Year Built 1927
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Street parking (metered)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 70
- Complimentary reception
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 750
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Free Wi-Fi
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Street parking (metered), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Ceiling fan
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Clock radio
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Window opens
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- iPod docking station
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
Saha - This Middle Eastern-style restaurant serves Arabic-fusion cuisine in a sleek space with dark-wood floors, bright red-lacquer seats, and red-leather upholstery. House specialties include Saha's own red curry served with stuffed acorn squash and tofu, classic Moroccan couscous, and lamb tagine with prunes and almonds. Open for brunch Saturdays 9 AM to 12 PM, Sunday 9 AM to 2 PM. Open for dinner Tuesday to Saturday, 6 PM to 10:30 PM.
The hotel does not have its own fitness facilities, but guests receive discounted access to a fitness center three blocks away.
Public 18-hole golf courses within five miles of the hotel include the Presidio Golf Club and the Lincoln Park Golf Course. Three miles away, Golden Gate Park has walking and running trails, a children's playground, gardens, and tennis courts. Ocean beaches, including Seal Rock, are five miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Playground nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee for large vehicle: USD 41 per day (in/out privileges)
- A pet fee will be charged
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in LEED Gold, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.