Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 Double Bed
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed
Standard Double Room, 2 Double Beds
Premier Room, 1 King Bed
Family-owned San Francisco hotel on Union Square
A stay at Handlery Union Square Hotel places you in the heart of San Francisco, steps from Alcove Theater and Union Square.
This eco-friendly hotel is close to Lombard Street and Fisherman's Wharf.
Make yourself at home in one of the 377 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Don’t miss out on the many recreational opportunities, including an outdoor pool, a sauna, and a fitness center. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a hair salon.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel's restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and a computer station. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and banquet facilities. Parking (subject to charges) is available onsite, and additional parking can be found nearby.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Located on Union Square, the eight-story Handlery is a half-mile from Moscone Convention Center and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
Guests can enjoy an outdoor splash pool, a sauna, and on-site fitness facilities.
The lobby houses a concierge desk, business center, luggage storage, and a barbershop offering an old-fashioned cut and shave.
The business center provides high-speed Internet access, faxing, and printing (surcharges); complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Total number of rooms - 377
- Audiovisual equipment
- Number of floors - 8
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Concierge services
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Hair salon
- Free Wi-Fi
- Computer station
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Secure parking
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking garage
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- 24-hour business center
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Valet parking
- Parking nearby
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Valet parking, Parking garage, Parking nearby
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Free movie channels
- LCD TV
Daily Grill - Decor includes leather banquettes, dark woods, and white tablecloths. Offering classic American dishes such as chicken pot pie and meatloaf with mashed potatoes, as well as an assortment of steaks, chops, seafood, and pastas. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The hotel has an outdoor splash pool, sauna, and a fitness center.
The Handlery is a half-mile from Yerba Buena Gardens, which includes a historic carousel, bowling alley, ice-skating rink, and children's play area.
Nearby 18-hole golf courses include the Presidio Golf Club and the Lincoln Park Golf Course, both within five miles of the hotel.
Golden Gate Park, five miles away, has walking and running trails, a playground, gardens, and tennis courts.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Playground nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs only
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Please note, some room types at this property are not available when booking a stay with children.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 42.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per pet, per night
- Pet deposit: USD 250 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per night
- Additional Details
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.