Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed
Standard Room, 1 King Bed
Standard Double Room, 2 Double Beds
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed with Sofabed (Premier)
Italian-themed San Francisco hotel on Fisherman's Wharf
With a stay at Best Western Plus The Tuscan, you'll be centrally located in San Francisco, minutes from Wax Museum at Fisherman's Wharf and Fisherman's Wharf.
This family-friendly hotel is close to Pier 39 and Lombard Street.
Make yourself at home in one of the 221 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Windows open to city and courtyard views. Cable programming and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms have makeup/shaving mirrors and complimentary toiletries.
Make use of convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access, a fireplace in the lobby, and discounted use of a nearby fitness facility. Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Mingle with other guests at a complimentary reception, held daily.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, audiovisual equipment, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference/meeting rooms and banquet facilities. Parking (subject to charges) is available onsite, and additional parking (subject to charges) can be found nearby.
Managed by the prestigious Kimpton Group, Best Western Plus The Tuscan is adjacent to a cable-car stop and 2 blocks from Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, and the Alcatraz Island ferry. North Beach, San Francisco's lively Italian neighborhood, is four blocks away.
Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public spaces. A computer station in the lobby provides high-speed Internet access (surcharge), and a 24-hour business center is on site. Other conveniences include room service, a concierge desk, valet parking (height restrictions apply), and discounted access to a health club 1 block away.
This is a smoke-free property; fines apply for violations of this policy.
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Banquet facilities
- Business services
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 221
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Number of floors - 4
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free Wi-Fi
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Street parking (metered)
- Year Built 1990
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Complimentary reception
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Street parking (metered), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Voice mail
- Multi-line phone
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Down comforter
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- LCD TV
- City view
- Courtyard view
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
Café Pescatore - Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, this Italian restaurant serves regional specialties—notably seafood, pastas, and pizzas—with daily specials. The restaurant has a nautical theme, with murals of sailors and boats, and model ships displayed throughout the dining area. Pocket doors open onto the sidewalk, where a few alfresco tables are available.
The hotel provides discounted access to a health club one block away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Early departure fee charged
Parking height restrictions apply
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 45 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee for large vehicle: USD 50.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- In-room microwave fee: USD 20 per day
- Additional Details
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.