Please enter your travel dates.
Deluxe Room, 2 Double Beds
- Two Double Beds
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed
- One King Bed
Deluxe Room, 1 Double Bed, Accessible
- One Double Bed
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, City View
- One King Bed
San Diego hotel with a pool, steps from the bay and cruise ships
With a stay at Wyndham San Diego Bayside, you'll be centrally located in San Diego, steps from Maritime Museum of San Diego and minutes from B Street Cruise Ship Terminal.
This family-friendly hotel is close to San Diego Convention Center and Balboa Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 600 air-conditioned rooms featuring LCD televisions. Windows open to city and pool views. Digital programming and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature makeup/shaving mirrors and designer toiletries.
Don’t miss out on the many recreational opportunities, including an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and bicycles to rent. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and shopping on site. If you'd like to spend the day shopping, you can hop on the complimentary shuttle.
Grab a bite to eat at one of the hotel's dining establishments, which include 3 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and an Internet point. Planning an event in San Diego? This hotel has 22,000 square feet (2044 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center, a ballroom, and banquet facilities. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary at scheduled times, and a cruise ship terminal shuttle is also provided at no charge.
This contemporary hotel is across the street from the San Diego Bay, 1.5 miles from the San Diego Convention Center, the Gaslamp Quarter, & Petco Park, and about 2.5 miles from the San Diego Zoo. Qualcomm Stadium is approximately 6 miles northeast of the hotel.
Overlooking the bay, the hotel's Elephant & Castle Pub and Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Children dine free when accompanied by a paying adult. Guests can dine out on the patio. The lounge area includes big-screen TVs. Room service is available from early morning till late evening.
Guests can enjoy a workout in the fitness facility and bicycle rentals are available onsite. The business center is open 24-hours a day. Complimentary wired (high-speed) Internet access is available to guests. A complimentary airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes from 5 AM to midnight. Complimentary shuttles also take guests to local attractions including Seaport Village, the Gaslamp Quarter, and the San Diego Zoo. Valet parking, self parking, and RV, bus, and truck parking are available (surcharges apply).
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Total number of rooms - 600
- Number of floors - 14
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Cell phone/mobile rental
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Computer rental
- Concierge desk
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Shopping center shuttle (complimentary)
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Designated smoking areas
- Internet point
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Tours/ticket assistance
- One meeting/conference room
- Tour assistance
- Shopping on site
- Pool table
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Room service
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 22,000
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 2044
- Conference center
- Snack bar/deli
- Train station pickup (complimentary)
- Secure covered parking (surcharge)
- Secure outdoor parking (surcharge)
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
- Cruise terminal shuttle (complimentary)
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Secure covered parking (surcharge), Secure outdoor parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Complimentary toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Iron/ironing board
- Clock radio
- Window opens
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Digital TV service
- Climate control
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- Water view
- City view
- Pool view
- Free Wi-Fi
Elephant & Castle Pub and Restaurant - located in the main lobby of the Wyndham San Diego Bayside, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It offers a fabulous view of San Diego’s harbor where you can enjoy a breathtaking dining experience or relax with a cold pint of beer with friends on the patio. The lounge boasts two large screen TVs where you can enjoy the greatest sports moments and special events.
Hazelwoods On the Bay Deli - serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner using healthy fresh products and the finest ingredients. It also serves a wide selection of beer, wines and Margaritas. Happy Hour: 4 PM - 6 PM.
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse - serves dinner. Its main specialty is custom-aged U.S. prime beef. Reservations suggested.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool and a fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Boating nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Dock nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs and cats only, Maximum number of pets per room 2
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Caters to couples
Caters to families
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: USD 24 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 32 per day
- Pet fee: USD 25 per night
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per night
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the train station. Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.