Please enter your travel dates.
Superior Full Size Bed
Superior Room with 2 Double Beds
Deluxe King Room
Lavishly restored grandeur in heart of San Diego
With a stay at The US Grant - A Luxury Collection Hotel, you'll be centrally located in San Diego, steps from Westfield Horton Plaza and minutes from San Diego Opera.
This 5-star hotel is close to San Diego Convention Center and Balboa Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 270 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Relax and take in city and courtyard views from the privacy of your room. Pay movies provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with showers feature makeup/shaving mirrors and designer toiletries.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a 24-hour fitness center, or other amenities including wireless Internet access (surcharge) and concierge services. Additional features include babysitting/childcare, gift shops/newsstands, and shopping on site.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Breakfast is available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and audiovisual equipment. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom.
Centrally located in downtown San Diego, the US Grant-A Luxury Collection Hotel is adjacent to the Westfield Horton Plaza entertainment complex and Gaslamp Quarter.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the US Grant-A Luxury Collection Hotel was built in 1910 by Ulysses S. Grant Jr. in honor of his father.
Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available throughout the public areas of the hotel. Meeting space totaling 33,000 square feet includes ballrooms, exhibit space, and a 24-hour business center. Professional conference coordinators, wedding planners, and an audiovisual department provide expert service.
24-hour fitness facilities are complimentary to guests.
The hotel restaurant restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, brunch, and dinner, has a Zagat rating of 23. Room service (24-hours) is available). Some meals may not be served every day.
This hotel is entirely smoke-free (fines apply for smoke-free violations).
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Multiple large conference rooms
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Shopping on site
- Concierge services
- Babysitting or childcare
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Number of floors - 11
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 270
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Wedding services
- Currency exchange
- Exhibit space
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1910
- 24-hour business center
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 16
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Air conditioning
- Premium bedding
- Clock radio
- Multi-line phone
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Voice mail
- Pay movies
- Iron/ironing board
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Microwave (on request)
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
- Complimentary bottled water
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Private bathroom
- Shower only
- Bathroom scale
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Sewing kit
- Electronic check-out
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Cordless phone
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- City view
- Courtyard view
Grant Grill Restaurant - California Native regional cuisine, a fusion of local and market-fresh produce and grilled specialties. Private dining room available. Breakfast, lunch, brunch, and dinner served. Note: Some meals may not be served daily. Daily happy hour serving hand-crafted cocktails; live entertainment Thursday-Saturday evenings. Zagat rating: 23. 24-hour room service offered.
Live entertainment in the Grant Grill Lounge from Thursday to Saturday evenings.
Tours of the hotel are also offered upon request, detailing the history of the 100 year-old US Grant Hotel.
The US Grant offers a complimentary fitness center with treadmills, elliptical trainers, stationary bicycles, and other equipment. Complimentary bottled water and towels are provided.
Seven blocks from the hotel, a spa provides treatments in guestrooms or in a private on-site treatment room.
This downtown San Diego hotel is 11 blocks from the Embarcadero's jogging and cycling paths and boat-rental facilities, two miles from Balboa Park, and eight miles from ocean beaches. Guests have access to a neighboring property's pool. Bowling alley, scooter/moped rentals, and segway rentals/tours are available nearby.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Snorkeling nearby
- Boating nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Playground nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs only, Maximum number of pets per room 2, Pet maximum weight in kg is 18, Pet maximum weight in lb is 40
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Early departure fee charged
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in business center: USD .69 per minute (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 39 per day (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.