Please enter your travel dates.
|$432 $281||$432 $281|
- 1 king
Deluxe Room, Bay View
|$617 $401||$617 $401|
- 1 king
Standard Room, View
- 1 king
Half a mile from SeaWorld on San Diego's Mission Bay
With a stay at The Dana on Mission Bay in San Diego (Beach Cities), you'll be close to Seaworld and University of San Diego.
This family-friendly hotel is within close proximity of Ocean Beach Athletic Area and Mission Bay Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 271 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and microwaves. Flat-screen televisions with satellite programming are available for your entertainment, while MP3 docking stations help you enjoy your music in the comfort of your room. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as coffee/tea makers and irons/ironing boards.
Dip into one of the 2 spa tubs or enjoy other recreational amenities including a fitness center and bicycles to rent. Additional amenities include concierge services, gift shops/newsstands, and wedding services. Spending a day of fun is easy with the complimentary theme park shuttle.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel's restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a computer station, audiovisual equipment, and express check-out. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center, a ballroom, and banquet facilities. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle during limited hours and a cruise ship terminal shuttle.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Set on 13 landscaped acres, The Dana on Mission Bay is a half-mile (0.8 kilometers) from SeaWorld and 7 miles (11 kilometers) from downtown San Diego.
In addition to a private marina, this smoke-free hotel features a seasonal, tropical-style pool with game area and a bayside infinity-edge pool. Both pools have spa tubs and bar service. A fitness facility is also available.
Shuttle service is available for arriving and departing guests only to the airport, Amtrak station, and cruise ship terminal (surcharges). A free shuttle to Sea World is also offered. All shuttle service is limited, based upon availability, and subject to change. Outdoor parking is also available for a fee.
Dining options include a family-style American restaurant and a casual lounge with warm wood walls and pool views.
Wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel (included in the resort fee). Small dogs are welcome for a surcharge.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 271
- Number of floors - 3
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Computer station
- Tour assistance
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Laundry facilities
- Marina on site
- Multilingual staff
- Picnic area
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Outdoor parking (surcharge)
- Conference center
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Wedding services
- Concierge services
- Cruise terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Theme park shuttle (complimentary)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Number of spa tubs - 2
- Poolside bar
- Smoke-free property
Outdoor parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Air conditioning
- Access via exterior corridors
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room massage available
- Private bathroom
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- MP3 docking station
The Blue Pearl - Family-style restaurant. American fare. Cooked-to-order breakfast served daily 6:30 AM-12 PM. Also serves lunch and dinner, and offers a children's menu.
Firefly Restaurant and Bar - Contemporary atmosphere and innovative cuisine unique to the California region. Open for lunch, dinner, and poolside service next to the year-round bayside pool. Happy hours. Casual dining. Children's menu available.
Pool bar - Located near the tropical pool. Seasonal hours.
The Dana on Mission Bay - Sea World features two landscaped, heated outdoor pools; both have spa tubs. A seasonal pool bar offers beverages for the Tropical Pool, while the Firefly Restaurant provides seasonal beverage service to the Bayside Pool. Ping-Pong and volleyball are available on site for guests, as well as bicycle rentals, pedal boats, personal watercrafts, and other water-sports rentals.
A 140-slip marina and a 27-mile jogging/biking path are adjacent to the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Scuba diving nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Playground nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Table tennis nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Kayaking on site
- Running track/path on site
- Swimming on site
- Water skiing on site
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs only, Pet maximum weight in lb is 30
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):
- Resort fee: USD 9 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access (may be limited)
- Phone calls (may be limited)
- Additional inclusions
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 10 per person (one way)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per room (varies based on length of stay)
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the cruise terminal, airport, and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details on arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.