Please enter your travel dates.
Deluxe Guestroom with 1 King Bed
Deluxe One King Bed Accessible
- 1 king
Skyline, Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed
- 1 king
Accessible Deluxe Two Queen Beds and Roll-In
- 2 queen
Stylish hotel 1 block from San Diego’s Petco Park
With a stay at Hotel Solamar, a Kimpton Hotel, you'll be centrally located in San Diego, minutes from Petco Park and San Diego Convention Center.
This 4-star hotel is close to Balboa Park and San Diego Zoo.
Make yourself at home in one of the 235 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and LCD televisions. Your bed comes with down comforters and Frette Italian sheets. Premium TV channels and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Treat yourself with body treatments and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a health club, an outdoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, billiards, and wedding services.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Mingle with other guests at a complimentary reception, held daily. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, audiovisual equipment, and express check-out. Planning an event in San Diego? This hotel has 5009 square feet (465 square meters) of space consisting of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom. Parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The 10-story Hotel Solamar is within four blocks of the Gaslamp Quarter, the San Diego Convention Center, and one block from Petco Park. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel.
JSix restaurant serves Coastal California cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, while the poolside bar offers cocktails and light fare throughout the day.The hotel hosts a daily complimentary manager reception in the afternoon.
In addition to the outdoor splash pool, guests enjoy a 24-hour fitness center with free weights and cardio and strength-training equipment. There is a 24-hour business center and 5,009 square feet of meeting and event space on site, including a ballroom that accommodates 350 guests, with audiovisual equipment and event catering available. A spa tub and pool table are offered as well.
Valet parking is available (surcharge) in a covered garage with in/out privileges.
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Poolside bar
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking garage
- Secure parking
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 235
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 10
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Fireplace in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 465
- Business services
- Concierge desk
- Health club
- Free Wi-Fi
- Billiards or pool table
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 7
- Complimentary reception
- Year Built 2005
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 5009
- Secretarial services
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- DVD player
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- Free Wi-Fi
- iPod docking station
- Down comforter
- Frette Italian sheets
- LCD TV
A complimentary wine reception is hosted each evening.
JSix - Decorated in red and gold with a large circular red bar in the center, this fine-dining restaurant serves contemporary California cuisine. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
LOUNGEsix - A rooftop poolside bar with views of the San Diego skyline and Petco Park. Cocktails and light fare are served throughout the day; at night, the bar offers cabana seating and fire pits.
A 13,000-square-foot deck on the fourth floor houses an outdoor splash pool with teak lounge chairs, cabanas, and a poolside bar. Open 24 hours, the adjacent fitness center provides an elliptical machine, a treadmill, a stationary bicycle, a Universal gym, free weights, and exercise balls. Flat-screen TVs and headphones are mounted on each cardio machine.
One mile away, the Embarcadero recreation area has jogging trails and bike, boat, and kayak rentals. Within two miles of the hotel, the 1,200-acre Balboa Park has two golf courses and a driving range, 13 museums, and the San Diego Zoo. Surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing, and other water activities are available at local beaches and Mission Bay Aquatic Park, eight miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Swimming on site
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is Noon
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 41 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per stay
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Seal, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.