Please enter your travel dates.
Garden King w/Kitchen (Sleeps 2)
Village View King
Ocean View King
Historic hotel near shops in seaside La Jolla, CA
With a stay at Grande Colonial Hotel in La Jolla, you'll be in the historical district and minutes from Athenaeum Music and Arts Library and La Jolla Cove.
This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Children's Cove and Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego.
Make yourself at home in one of the 93 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and LCD televisions. Windows open to ocean and pool views. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as an outdoor pool or take in the view from a garden. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel's restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, audiovisual equipment, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in La Jolla? This hotel has 5,000 square feet (465 square meters) of space consisting of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and banquet facilities. Parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
The 4-building Grande Colonial La Jolla is 1 block from La Jolla Cove and 6 miles from the concentration of high-tech/biotech industries known as the Golden Triangle. It's located amid entertainment and shopping districts, with downtown San Diego 12 miles away.
The Grande Colonial provides complimentary WiFi and high-speed wired Internet access thoughout all public spaces, including the hotel's 6 conference rooms, and in all guestrooms and suites. This completely smoke-free hotel features an elegant, antique-filled lobby, a stylish restaurant and bar, and an ocean-view terrace with private garden pool. Passes (surcharge) are available to La Jolla Sports Club, 1 block away.
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 5
- Audiovisual equipment
- Babysitting or childcare
- Banquet facilities
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Event catering
- Concierge services
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Fireplace in lobby
- Total number of rooms - 93
- Secure parking
- Parking (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 465
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 4
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Year Built 1913
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 5,000
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 6
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Voice mail
- Multi-line phone
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Premium bedding
- Iron/ironing board
- Clock radio
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Complimentary bottled water
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Window opens
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- LCD TV
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cable TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- iPod docking station
- Water view
- Ocean view
- Courtyard view
- Garden view
- Pool view
Nine-Ten: Located adjacent to the lobby, this contemporary, upscale restaurant and bar features seasonal California Cuisine menus and a diverse award-winning wine list (including half-bottles and selections by the glass). Offers indoor, sidewalk patio, or ocean view terrace dining. Serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Happy Hour Mon - Fri. Three private dining rooms can accommodate 75 guests.
Room Service: Available from early morning until late evening.
The hotel features an ocean-view terrace and private garden pool. Passes (surcharge) are available to La Jolla Sports Club, one block away.
The hotel is one block from the beach, four miles from the Torrey Pines Gliderport, five miles from the Torrey Pines Golf Course and Torrey Pines Nature Reserve, and six miles from Mission Bay Aquatic Park, affording numerous recreational opportunities.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Boating nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - First Party CertifiedThis property has performed a self-assessment, also known as First Party certification, of its sustainable tourism practices through iStayGreen thus taking steps to understand its impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. The property's claims have not been independently verified by a second or third party certification program.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.