Book your room at Fairmont Mayakoba
Luxury resort near Mexico's Playa del Carmen
With a stay at Fairmont Mayakoba in Playa del Carmen (Mayakoba), you'll be minutes from El Camaleon Golf Club and close to Tres Rios Ecopark.
This 5-star resort is within the vicinity of Gran Coral Golf and Guadalupe Church.
Make yourself at home in one of the 401 guestrooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Rooms have private furnished balconies or patios. Satellite programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. After dipping into one of the 5 outdoor swimming pools, you can spend some time at the private beach. Additional amenities include wireless Internet access (surcharge), supervised childcare/activities, and babysitting/childcare.
All-inclusive rates are available at this resort. Meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments are included in all-inclusive rates. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities.
Grab a bite at one of the resort's 4 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a swim-up bar. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Playa del Carmen? This resort has 40000 square feet (3716 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center, conference space, and meeting rooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
All-inclusive room rates at Fairmont Mayakoba are available. These rates are higher because they include onsite food and beverages in the room rate (some restrictions may apply).
The Fairmont Mayakoba is located on the Riviera Maya, approximately 42 miles (68 kilometers) south of Cancún and just 5 miles (8 kilometers) from Playa del Carmen. The resort occupies 45 acres nestled under the tropical forest canopy alongside a network of clear, mangrove-lined lagoons and channels.
The resort features 7 restaurants and bars, a full-service business center, wireless Internet access (surcharge) in public areas, swimming pools, and private beach access. The on-site spa (surcharge) offers a wide range of treatments, many based on local Mayan traditions. The spa also has relaxation pools and a health club with cardio equipment, free weights, machine weights, and personal-training programs.
- 24-hour front desk
- Children's club (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 401
- Number of floors - 3
- Babysitting or childcare
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Designated smoking areas
- Grocery/convenience store
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Computer station
- Number of outdoor pools - 5
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- On private beach
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 3716
- Number of meeting rooms - 18
- Conference space size (feet) - 40000
- Conference center
- Outdoor tennis court
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach sun loungers
- Pool sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Spa services on site
- Steam room
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Children's pool
- Swim-up bar
- Wedding services
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Number of restaurants - 4
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( 20 USD per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( 0.00 USD )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( 20 USD per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( 20.00 USD per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Furnished balcony or patio
- Ceiling fan
- Free newspaper
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Rainfall showerhead
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Las Brisas Restaurant & Lounge Bar - Beachfront restaurant, with ocean views, serving à la carte breakfasts, light lunches, and a dinner menu highlighting seafood specialties. Indoor and outdoor dining. Resort-casual attire for breakfast and lunch; resort-elegant for dinner. Reservations required.
El Puerto Restaurant - Mexican and international cuisine served at restaurant overlooking the lagoon. Dinner menu includes fresh Caribbean lobster, shellfish platters, clams and oysters, crab legs, giant shrimp, and other seafood specialties. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Resort-casual attire.
La Laguna Grill & Bar - Casual poolside restaurant offering breakfast buffets, wood-fired pizzas, and Latino-Mexican cuisine with pre-Hispanic influences. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Resort casual.
Las Olas & Aqua Pool Bars - Poolside bars featuring margaritas and other tropical concoctions. Located by the main pool. Open throughout the day.
El Lobby Lounge - Afternoon tea, evening cocktails, and traditional Mexican snacks offered daily. Martinis and premium bar service from late morning to late night. Complimentary early-morning coffee and tea. Resort-casual during daytime. Resort elegant at afternoon tea and evening cocktails.
Café Maya - A poolside market café serving pastries, deli sandwiches, gourmet coffee, and ice cream. Also sells culinary souvenirs and supplies for guestroom minbars. Open throughout the day.
Nearby Things to Do
The Fairmont Mayakoba features a 10,000-square-foot main pool with swimup bar. The resort also has a private beach with cabanas and beach chairs. Complimentary bicycles, motorized golf carts, and lanchas (covered canal boats) are provided for getting around the resort's 45 acres.
Guests also have access to the El Camaleón Golf Course, designed by Greg Norman. Utilizing and complementing the natural landscape, the course features cenotes (underground caves), mangroves, and fairways that wind under the tropical forest canopy. A clubhouse, golf shop, putting and pitching green, and driving range are also on site.
The resort's health club (surcharge) offers cardio and weight equipment. Personal training and fitness classes can be arranged.
The hotel provides assistance with arranging tours to the area's Mayan ruins, ecological parks, and other attractions.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Windsurfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Free bicycles on site
- Parasailing nearby
- Aerobics on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Ecotours on site
- Golf driving range on site
- Golf lessons on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Kayaking on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Playground on site
- Rowing or canoeing on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Boat tours on site
- Number of treatment rooms 20
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Massages on beach
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Pets allowed, Only dogs are allowed, Pet maximum weight in lb is 25
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Resort fee: USD 20.00 per person, per night
- Pool access
- Shuttle service
- In-room bottled water
- Concierge/valet service
- Housekeeping/cleaning fees/gratuities
- Additional inclusions
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 20 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 0.00 (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 20 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 20.00 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 14 per night
- Pet fee: USD 25 per pet, per night
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- Fairmont Mayakoba is listed in the 2014 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2014 Travel + Leisure 500.
Appetite for Luxury All Meals (Inclusive Plan)
Book a stay in an Appetite For Luxury All Meals room category and receive the following:
- Unlimited all-day meal service for 2 adults at La Laguna, Las Brisas, Lobby Lounge, and beach and pool service
- Unlimited all-day beverage service for 2 adults at La Laguna, Las Brisas, Lobby Lounge, 2 swim-up bars, and pool and beach service
- 2 children ages 18 and younger stay free when sharing a room with their parents
- Nature walks, bird watching, and boat tours
- Complimentary use of BMW bikes to tour the property
- Food and beverage gratuities
- Children ages 5 and younger eat for free when dining from the kids menu and accompanied by an adult (meal supplement applies for children ages 6-18)