Please enter your travel dates.
Fairmont, 2 Double Beds - Spring Escape
Fairmont Gold - Spring Escape
Fairmont, 1 King or 1 Queen Bed
Historic resort hotel overlooking Old Quebec
With a stay at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, you'll be centrally located in Quebec, steps from Parks Canada's Dufferin Terrace and Samuel de Champlain Statue.
This 4-star hotel is close to Place Royale and Citadelle of Quebec.
Make yourself at home in one of the 611 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Pay movies provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature makeup/shaving mirrors and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include desks and coffee/tea makers, as well as cordless phones with voice mail.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy body treatments and facials. A spa tub and a sauna offer a relaxing way to wind down after a day on the slopes. Additional features include wireless Internet access (surcharge), babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and ski storage. You'll be on the slopes in no time with the ski shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel's room service (during limited hours).
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and audiovisual equipment. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle or park nearby.
Renovations & Closures
- The property is renovating until 1 June 2014 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
Renovation work will only be conducted during business hours. Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
- Business center
- Dining venue
- Front desk
- Select guestrooms
The Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, a heritage urban resort, is among the signature architectural structures in Québec City.
A city within a city, this stylish Fairmont Le Château Frontenac offers its guests a wide variety of business and recreational amenities, such as wireless Internet access (surcharge) in public spaces, and a 48-foot (14.6-meter) indoor pool in an atrium complex that also features a spa tub and children's wading pool.
Other highlights include a business center, sauna, hair salon, 2 restaurants, and concierge services. The fitness center has an elliptical-type trainer, 2 exercise bikes, 2 treadmills, free weights, exercise balls, and strength-training equipment.
The Spa du Château spa offers massages; facial and body treatments, including wraps; and manicures and pedicures. The attentive staff employs high service standards.
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Swimming pool - children's
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Concierge desk
- Technology helpdesk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Business center
- Exhibit space
- Audiovisual equipment
- Secretarial services
- Total number of rooms - 611
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 18
- Translation services
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Tour assistance
- Beauty services
- Medical assistance available
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Ski storage
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wedding services
- Full-service health spa
- Ski shuttle (surcharge)
- Technology support staff
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Room service (limited hours)
- Garage parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1893
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge), Garage parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Voice mail
- Multi-line phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Cordless phone
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- LCD TV
Starbucks - Light meals, including pastries, sandwiches, soups, and salads, are offered from early morning to sunset in this casual café on the promenade level of the hotel.
This Quebec hotel offers its guests extensive recreational opportunities, including a 48-foot indoor pool in an atrium complex that also features a spa tub and a children's wading pool. The fitness center has an elliptical-type trainer, two exercise bikes, two treadmills, free weights, exercise balls, and strength-training equipment.
Guests can enjoy the on-site toboggan run. An outdoor ice rink, open in winter, is within walking distance. It is also possible to cross-country ski on the Plains of Abraham, an expansive park located less than a mile from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Skiing - downhill nearby
- Skiing - cross-country nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Swimming on site
- Toboggan run on site
Relax and unwind at the hotel's Spa du Château.
- Number of treatment rooms 4
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 17 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: CAD 17 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: CAD 17 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 32 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 35 per night
- Refrigerator fee: CAD 50 per day
- In-room microwave fee: CAD 50 per day
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Hot List and the 2014 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of the World.