Availability: Lord Elgin Hotel
Traditional Room, 2 Queen BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Park View Room, 1 Queen BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Park View Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Park View Room, 2 Queen BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Elgin Class Executive Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Traditional Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Traditional Room, 1 Queen BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Landmark Ottawa hotel across from Confederation Park
With a stay at Lord Elgin Hotel, you'll be centrally located in Ottawa, steps from Confederation Park and National Arts Centre.
This family-friendly hotel is close to Parliament Hill and National Gallery of Canada.
Stay in one of 355 guestrooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and pay movies provides entertainment. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include desks and coffee/tea makers, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Be sure to enjoy recreational amenities, including an indoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel's restaurant, which serves breakfast and lunch, or grab a snack at a coffee shop/café. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-out, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Ottawa? This hotel has facilities measuring 13000 square feet (1170 square meters), including a meeting/conference room.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Lord Elgin Hotel Amenities
This downtown Ottawa hotel enjoys an enviable location on bustling Elgin Street, surrounded by restaurants and nightlife and across the street from the National Arts Centre. Constructed in 1941 in the style of a French chateau, Lord Elgin Hotel offers many modern-day amenities including a bar/lounge, a sidewalk bistro serving Mediterranean cuisine, a Starbucks, and a 24-hour business center with two workstations and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Free wireless Internet access is also provided.
Onsite recreation is provided in a lap pool, spa tub, a sauna, and fitness center. The hotel also houses over 43,000 square feet (4000 square meters) of meeting space and offers valet parking for a fee.
Lord Elgin Hotel is a smoke-free property. Fines apply for violations.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Year Built 1941
- Conference space size (feet) - 13000
- Conference space size (meters) - 1170
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Indoor pool
- Concierge services
- Fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 355
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 11
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Express check-out
- One meeting room
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Room service
- Spa tub
- Coffee shop or café
- Wedding services
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Soundproofed rooms
Grill 41 - Features a sidewalk patio overlooking Confederation Park. Mediterranean and North American cuisine. Extensive wine list and private dining room. A breakfast buffet with hot items, plus lunch, and dinner are served daily.
Starbucks - Full-service outlet with seating. Open from early morning until early evening.
Room service - Available from early morning until late evening.
Lord Elgin guests have complimentary use of an indoor lap pool, spa tub, sauna, and fitness center. Workout equipment includes treadmills, a stationary bike, an elliptical trainer, a strength-training machine, and free weights.
Seasonal festivals are held across the street in Confederate Park. One block away, Rideau Canal is a popular spot for winter ice skating and summer jogging and cycling. Seasonal boat tours are also offered on the canal.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Braille or raised signage
Lord Elgin Hotel Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 19
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in kg is 25, Pet maximum weight in lb is 50
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 19 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: CAD 28 per day (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out fee: CAD 85
- Deposit: CAD 75 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 15 per night
- Additional Details
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.