Please enter your travel dates.
Fairmont Room, 1 King Bed
Fairmont Room, 1 Queen Bed
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed
Fairmont Room, 2 Double Beds
Historic Ottawa hotel near Parliament Hill
With a stay at Fairmont Chateau Laurier, you'll be centrally located in Ottawa, steps from National War Memorial and Confederation Square.
This 4-star hotel is close to Parliament Hill and National Gallery of Canada.
Make yourself at home in one of the 429 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Cable programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Enjoy a range of recreational amenities, including a health club, an indoor pool, and a sauna. Additional features include wireless Internet access (surcharge), gift shops/newsstands, and wedding services.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel's 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, audiovisual equipment, and a technology helpdesk. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom.
This historic hotel, built in 1912 to resemble a Renaissance-era French château, is adjacent to Parliament Hill. The Rideau Canal, Rideau Shopping Center, and ByWard Market are across the street, and numerous museums are within 3 km (2 mi).
Wilfrid's restaurant, with spectacular views of Parliament Hill, specializes in regional dishes, and Zoé's Lounge, with elegant, timeless décor, hosts a popular Afternoon Tea with fresh-baked scones and Devonshire cream.
The on-site health club has cardio machines with built-in LCD TVs, men's and women's changing rooms with dry saunas, and an indoor, Art Deco lap pool.
A business center offers five workstations with high-speed Internet access and a printer, color copier, and fax machine (surcharges). Wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge in public areas. Self and valet parking available for a surcharge.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1912
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Health club
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 6
- Total number of rooms - 429
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Garage parking (surcharge)
- Security guard
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Technology helpdesk
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Garage parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Pillowtop mattress
- Signature bedding
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Direct-dial phone
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Extra towels/bedding
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Multi-line phone
- Pay movies
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Sewing kit
- Shower/tub combination
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
- LCD TV
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- TV Internet access (surcharge)
Wilfrid's - Elegant main restaurant with views of Parliament Hill and Rideau Canal. Extensive wine list. Celebrates regional Canadian cuisine with fresh, local ingredients. Menu may include Gatineau Hills Wild Mushroom Chowder, Kanata Elk, and Roasted Nunavut Rack of Caribou. Sunday brunch. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Zoé's Lounge - Chandelier-lit lounge noted for its Afternoon Tea, with fresh-baked scones, homemade jam, and Devonshire cream. Cocktail hour. Live jazz on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Open from afternoon to late.
La Terrasse - Outdoor café with views of Parliament Hill and Rideau Canal. Popular for alfresco business lunches and after-theater drinks. Open seasonally, from late morning to evening.
Room service - Available 24 hours a day.
The hotel has a health club with dry saunas, an Art Deco lap pool, and cardio machines with built-in LCD TVs.
Just across the street, The Rideau Canal offers miles of summertime running, bicycling, and inline skating paths. In the winter, the canal turns into the world's longest skating rink. Nearby Gatineau Park (15 km, 9 mi) offers extensive hiking, mountain biking, and cross-country skiing trails.
The recreational activities listed below are available on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Skiing - downhill nearby
- Skiing - cross-country nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Boating nearby
- Dock nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Hunting nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs and cats only, Maximum number of pets per room 2, Pet maximum weight in lb is 25
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 13.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: CAD 28 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per room, per day
- A late check-out fee will be charged
- Refrigerator fee: CAD 25 per stay
- Additional Details
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.