Please enter your travel dates.
Traditional Room (Historic Wing) - Limited Time Offer
Traditional Room (Royal Grove, Historic Wing)
Room, Ocean View, Tower - Limited Time Offer
Premium Room, Ocean View, Tower
- One King Bed
Historic beachfront resort in central Waikiki
With a stay at The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort in Honolulu (Waikiki), you'll be minutes from Royal Hawaiian Center and Fort DeRussy.
This 5-star resort is close to University of Hawaii at Manoa and Diamond Head.
Make yourself at home in one of the 528 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. After dipping into one of the 2 outdoor swimming pools, you can spend some time at the private beach. Additional amenities include concierge services, supervised childcare/activities, and babysitting/childcare.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the resort's 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, currency exchange, and express check-in. Event facilities at this resort consist of a ballroom, banquet facilities, and a meeting/conference room. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort is set among beachfront gardens, making it feel far away from the activity of Waikiki. The resort shares Helumoa Playground with the adjacent Sheraton Waikiki, which features an outdoor pool with waterfalls and waterslides. The resort has its own beachfront pool and spa tub. Guests have access to six luxury cabanas with Internet access, and light refreshments. Guests can also enjoy 1 E Komo Mai Tai drink or non-alcoholic drink per person per stay (included in the resort fee).
The Royal Coconut Grove, once a playground for monarchy, now offers a wide array of cultural programs to provide guests with an authentic Hawaiian experience. On Monday evenings, the hotel hosts the Aha ‘Aina Luau with a Polynesian show and dinner. The Abhasa Spa offers a variety of treatments in a tropical garden setting.
Guided and self-guided historical and garden tours are available. The resort hotel has a business center and offers high-speed Internet access (included in resort fee). Valet parking for one vehicle per stay is also included in resort fee.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Banquet facilities
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Full-service health spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Concierge services
- Babysitting or childcare
- Total number of rooms - 528
- Health club
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Parking garage
- On private beach
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Private beach - direct access
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach cabanas (surcharge)
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Security guard
- Self parking
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Wedding services
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Parking (surcharge), Self parking, Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Designer toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Flat-panel TV
- Complimentary newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Azure - The oceanfront restaurant serves fresh seafood roasted in herbs or prepared with tropical seasonings, along with a selection of wines and a raw bar with shellfish.
Surf Lanai - The upscale beachside café is by the pool and serves classic American cuisine with tropical accents. À la carte breakfast and lunch available.
Mai Tai Bar - The outdoor beachside bar serves cocktails and appetizers, and features ocean views, tropical music, and live entertainment.
In addition to two outdoor pools and a spa tub, the resort has a private area on Waikiki Beach with direct access from property. Beach cabanas are at guests' disposal for a fee, as well as sun loungers, towels and umbrellas.
A half-mile away, Kapiolani Park is home to tennis courts, sports fields, an archery range, and the Honolulu Zoo. Ala Wai Golf Course, a mile from the resort, has an 18-hole course, driving range, and pro shop. An additional treat for Golf fans is the Resort’s affiliation with Waialae Country Club, allowing guests exclusive access and rates to this otherwise private, premier golf course.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the resort; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Snorkeling on site
- Swimming on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is Noon
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):
- Resort fee: USD 36.65 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Internet access (may be limited)
- Phone calls (may be limited)
- In-room bottled water
- Valet parking
- Additional inclusions
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 15 per day
Awards & Affiliations
- The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort is listed in the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.
There are no room charges for children 18 and younger when occupying the same room as their parents.
The "Escape" room categories (only those with the word "Escape” in the title) are a rate-based room category and include no value-adds. No minimum length of stay required.
Not valid with any other offers.