Please enter your travel dates.
Classic Room, 2 Double Beds
- Two Double Beds
Classic Room, 1 King or 1 Queen Bed
- One King Bed
Superior Room, 1 King or 1 Queen Bed
- One King Bed
Superior Room, 2 Double Beds
- Two Double Beds
Hotel in Montreal near University of Quebec-Montreal
With a stay at Hotel Gouverneur Place Dupuis Montréal, you'll be centrally located in Montreal, steps from Chapelle Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes and National Library of Quebec.
This family-friendly hotel is within close proximity of University of Quebec-Montreal and St. Denis Theatre.
Make yourself at home in one of the 352 air-conditioned guestrooms. Relax and take in city and mountain views from the privacy of your room. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Enjoy a range of recreational amenities, including an indoor pool, a sauna, and a fitness center. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare, and gift shops/newsstands.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel's restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or grab a snack at a coffee shop/café. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, audiovisual equipment, and currency exchange. Planning an event in Montreal? This hotel has 7980 square feet (741 square meters) of space consisting of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom. Parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
Renovations & Closures
- The following facilities will be closed from 23 February 2014 to 1 March 2014 (dates subject to change):
- Swimming pool
You would like to visit one of the many tourist attractions in Montreal? Start with Hotel Montreal Gouverneur Place Dupuis located in the Latin Quarter of Montreal only a few blocks away from downtown and Old Montreal. Its unique location is magical for an unforgettable stay. An affordable 4-star hotel making it easy to enjoy the night life, fine dining and numerous festivals: the Montreal Jazz Festival, the Just for laughs Festival, the gay parade and many more! If your wish is for a peaceful sleep, Hotel Place Dupuis Gouverneur is the accommodation of choice for the best value in downtown Montreal. You want to make the most of your Montreal stay? Our exceptional staff at Place Dupuis is there to help you. Hotel Gouverneur Place Dupuis is the perfect destination for a Quebec vacation. It is also the ideal place for a romantic getaway.
Our newly renovated hotel offers 352 rooms of all categories: regular class, superior class and business class overlooking the St-Lawrence River. We also offer luxurious suites. Visit the new Sports Center located in the Gouverneur Hotel Montreal Place Dupuis with its high-tech equipment and interior pool. Get a relaxing massage or body care, in the hotel’s proximity. In addition, a business center and Internet high speed service is offered at the hotel. Our restaurant proposes a Continental fine cuisine and a Mediterranean buffet on Saturday evenings. Gouverneur Hotel Montreal Place Dupuis is a member of Tourisme Québec and Lodging Quebec.
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Shopping on site
- Babysitting or childcare
- Audiovisual equipment
- Fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 30
- Banquet facilities
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Grocery store
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Total number of rooms - 352
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Secure parking
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking garage
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 741
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 15
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 7980
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Year Built 1974
- Swimming pool - indoor
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Self parking (surcharge), Parking garage
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Pay movies
- Clock radio
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Climate control
- Direct-dial phone
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Cable TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Wake-up calls
- Pillow menu
- Signature bedding
- City view
- Mountain view
Hôtel Gouverneur Place Dupuis has 2 restaurants serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Skiing - downhill nearby
- Skiing - cross-country nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Dock nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
Caters to families
Minimum guest age is 18
Early departure fee charged
Parking height restrictions apply
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in business center: CAD 10.00 (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: CAD 19.50 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 30.00 per pet, per stay
- Late check-out fee: CAD 85.00
- Deposit: CAD 50.00 per day
- Spring Break deposit: CAD 100.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 20.00 per night
- Additional Details
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.