Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 King Bed, Courtyard Area
Superior Room, 1 King Bed, Harbour View
Standard Room, 2 Double Beds
Standard Room, 1 King Bed
Scenic locale steps from Fisherman’s Wharf
With a stay at Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay in Monterey, you'll be connected to the convention center and minutes from Monterey Convention Center and Fisherman's Wharf.
This eco-friendly resort is within close proximity of Maritime Museum and Monterey State Historic Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 379 guestrooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Cable programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy body treatments and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare, and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite to eat at the resort's restaurant, where you can enjoy drinks at a bar, take in a garden view, and even dine alfresco (weather permitting). You can also stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Hot/cold buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and audiovisual equipment. Planning an event in Monterey? This resort has 50,000 square feet (4645 square meters) of space consisting of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom. Extended parking is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay welcomes guests with complimentary warm homemade chocolate chip cookies at check-in.
Found in a historically rich setting, this smoke-free property features wireless Internet access in the lobby, meeting rooms, two restaurants, and lounge. The 24-hour business center includes computers with high-speed Internet access. The indoor plaza offers boutiques, gift shops, and galleries. Self parking and valet parking are available on site (fees apply). Dogs are welcome for a fee; service animals are exempt.
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Spa tub
- Full-service health spa
- Steam room
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service (limited hours)
- Parking garage
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Exhibit space
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 379
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Beauty services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Pool table
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Wedding services
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Free Wi-Fi
- Number of floors - 7
- Babysitting or childcare
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 4645
- Business services
- Coffee shop or café
- Fitness facilities
- Hair salon
- Technology support staff
- Designated smoking areas
- Billiards or pool table
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Secure parking
- Parking (surcharge)
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 16
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 50,000
- Number of buildings/towers - 9
- Spa services on site
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Ceiling fan
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- LCD TV
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Pillowtop mattress
Jacks Restaurant & Lounge - Fireside dining indoors or outside, overlooking Custom House Plaza and the Monterey Harbor. Regional American fare, with accent on fresh California cuisine. Offers fresh coastal selections such as Monterey Bay chowder and twin lobster tails, in addition to braised short ribs and pastas. Extensive wine list. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
A hot and cold breakfast buffet is served daily from 6:30 AM to 10 AM.
Peter B's Brewpub - Selection of 10 handcrafted beers from on-premises craft brewery, along with single-malt scotches, specialty martinis, full bar, pub food. Pool table, 15 TVs for sports events. Open daily, late morning until late night.
Hotel guests can access the spa’s fitness center, steam room, sauna, locker rooms, spa tubs, and pool located adjacent to the spa.
In addition to its proximity to Monterey’s marquee attractions, including the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay provides convenient access to the Path of History, a historical tour depicting Monterey as the first state capital of California, which passes through the hotel’s waterfront plaza; scenic running and bike paths immediately adjacent to the hotel; nearby sea kayaking and paddle boarding facilities; the Monterey Maritime and History Museum; Memory Gardens; and the Pacific House Museum.
Monterey is home to 18 championship golf courses, including Pebble Beach Golf Links, Del Monte Golf Course, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, and Links at Spanish Bay, which are all less than six miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Boating nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Dock nearby
- Playground nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Swimming on site
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Ecotours nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time ends at 3 AM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs only, Maximum number of pets per room 2, Pet maximum weight in lb is 150
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 17 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 20 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per room, per night (maximum USD 100 per stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Additional Details
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in LEED Silver, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.