Please enter your travel dates.
Near Fisherman's Wharf and conference center
With a stay at Marriott Monterey, you'll be centrally located in Monterey, steps from Monterey Convention Center and Golden State Theater.
This eco-friendly hotel is close to Fisherman's Wharf and Monterey Bay Aquarium.
Make yourself at home in one of the 341 air-conditioned guestrooms. Premium TV channels and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, while high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. Conveniences include desks and coffee/tea makers, as well as multi-line phones with voice mail.
Enjoy a range of recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a fitness center. This hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel's room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Monterey? This hotel has 56,000 square feet (5203 square meters) of space consisting of banquet facilities and a meeting/conference room. Limited parking (subject to charges) is available onsite, and additional parking (subject to charges) can be found nearby.
Renovations & Closures
- The hotel will be renovating from 1 November 2013 to 31 January 2014 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
Renovation work will only be conducted during business hours. Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
- Select guestrooms
The smoke-free Marriott Monterey is three blocks from Fisherman's Wharf, and within two miles of Cannery Row.
A heated swimming pool and spa tub are located in an enclosed courtyard, and a fitness center overlooking the courtyard has cardio machines with LCD TVs.
Breakfast and lunch are served daily at the Three Flags Cafe. A sports bar is open for dinner, and a lobby bar serves Starbucks specialty coffees.
Guests have access to a business center with high-speed Internet access and fax and copy services (surcharges). Wireless Internet access is also available in the lobby and select meeting rooms for a surcharge. Overall, the hotel offers 56,000 square feet of flexible meeting space.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Number of floors - 10
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Business services
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Total number of rooms - 341
- Parking garage
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Pool table
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 56,000
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 5203
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Wedding services
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Microwave (on request)
- Multi-line phone
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Shower/tub combination
- Turndown service (on request)
- Video-game console
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Three Flags Café - Casual restaurant serving traditional American fare. Breakfast buffet, à la carte breakfast, and lunch daily. Soups, salads, appetizers, and burgers. Menu may include Maryland crab-cake sandwiches, and pan-seared lemon sole.
Characters Sports Bar and Grill - Memorabilia-rich sports bar with multiple TVs and a pool table. Light meals and dinner daily from mid-afternoon. Salads, appetizers, burgers, sandwiches, steaks, and pasta.
Lobby Coffee Bar - Hot and cold beverages, including espresso. Starbucks coffee. Fresh pastries and sandwiches daily.
The hotel's lap pool and spa tub are located in an enclosed courtyard. Overlooking the pool, a fitness center has cardio machines with LCD TVs and strength training equipment.
There are numerous golf courses in the Monterey area, including historic Pebble Beach and Spyglass Hill, both located eight miles from the hotel, and Carmel Valley Ranch, 11 miles away. Bike rentals are available at Cannery Row, located less than two miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Swimming on site
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 20 per day
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Second Party CertifiedThis property participates in Energy Star For Hospitality, a second-party certification program. Second-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an assessor or auditor that is not independent of the second-party certification program.