Please enter your travel dates.
Deluxe, One Queen Bed - Wine Reception
One King Bed - Wine Reception
Luxury Suite - Wine Reception
Deluxe One King Bed - Wine Reception
Minneapolis luxury hotel with health club and pool
A stay at The Grand Hotel Minneapolis, a Kimpton Hotel places you in the heart of Minneapolis, walking distance from Minneapolis City Hall and Mary Tyler Moore Statue.
This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Hennepin Center for the Arts and Minneapolis Public Library-Central Branch.
Make yourself at home in one of the 140 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Relax and take in city views from the privacy of your room. 42-inch flat-screen televisions with premium TV channels provide entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms have makeup/shaving mirrors and designer toiletries.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a health club, an indoor pool, and a sauna. Additional features at this Beaux Arts hotel include wireless Internet access (surcharge), gift shops/newsstands, and a hair salon.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Mingle with other guests at a complimentary reception, held daily. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and audiovisual equipment. Planning an event in Minneapolis? This hotel has 9600 square feet (892 square meters) of space consisting of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom. Parking (subject to charges) is available onsite, and additional parking (subject to charges) can be found nearby.
Located in the city center, the Grand hotel Minneapolis, a Kimpton Hotel, is a newly-renovated boutique hotel connected via enclosed skyway to the convention center, entertainment and sporting venues, shops, and restaurants.
Guests enjoy complimentary use of the vast Minneapolis Life Time Athletic Club, featuring an indoor lap pool with a sky-painted ceiling.
The hotel's restaurant, Rare Steak and Sushi, offers steak and seafood. The SIX15 Room, located in the lobby, serves up creative cocktails and artisnal fare. The hotel hosts a complimentary manager’s reception nightly for guest.
A staffed business center provides 2 private offices (surcharges). Wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel (complimentary for Loyalty Program members). Parking is available nearby (surcharge). This is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 15
- Banquet facilities
- Beauty services
- Business center
- Business services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Full-service health spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Health club
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 140
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 892
- Steam room
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Hair salon
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 6
- Complimentary reception
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 9600
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Premium TV channels
- Bathroom scale
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Pillowtop mattress
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Complimentary newspaper
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Multi-line phone
- Wake-up calls
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Turndown service (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Voice mail
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- iPod docking station
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- TV Internet access (surcharge)
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillow menu
- City view
Rare Steak and Sushi - Features premium steak and sushi selections prepared from natural and sustainable sources. Offers an all-you-can eat sushi bar on Sunday and Tuesday evenings. Located on the hotel's second floor. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The SIX15 Room - Stylish lounge serving artisanal fare and creative cocktails in a contemporary atmosphere. Located at the hotel lobby level.
Room service - Available 24 hours (limited menu after midnight).
Guests enjoy complimentary access to the 58,000-square-foot Minneapolis Life Time Athletic Club, which features a 60-foot indoor lap pool, indoor running track, extensive fitness equipment, cycling studio, sauna, and eucalyptus steam room. Racquetball, basketball, and handball courts are also available. Group fitness classes include yoga, aerobics, and kickboxing. Personal trainers are available.
Biking and running paths are adjacent to the river, seven blocks from the hotel. Boat cruises are also offered. Hiawatha Golf Course, six miles away, is open to the public. Local lakes invite swimming, fishing, and boating. The Buck Hill Ski Area is a 21-mile drive.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Skiing - downhill nearby
- Skiing - cross-country nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Boating nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Aerobics on site
- Basketball on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Racquetball/squash on site
- Running track/path on site
- Swimming on site
- Volleyball on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
The full-service LifeSpa and Salon is an AVEDA-certified spa and salon offering massage, body, and facial treatments(surcharges), as well as beauty services surcharges). The spa is open 7 days per week and is adjacent to the hotel's 58,000 square foot LifeTime Athletic Club facility.
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Nutrition consultation in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Early departure fee charged
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 32 per night (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only. Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The Grand Hotel Minneapolis, a Kimpton Hotel is listed in the 2010 Travel + Leisure 500.